Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

coolant overflow tank sizing?

Hey guys, which size overflow tanks are you running with your ls swaps? I need to pick one up and unsure about the sizing. The radiator cap is the high point on the build so was just looking to run a basic puke style setup. Alot of nice well built small options, but concerned about them not having a large enough capacity. Thanks
      Cheers
      Dustin

I installed one by Meziere, works great, never pukes a drop.

https://www.meziere.com/Products/Coo...Rectangle.aspx
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Have you checked out Canton and or Moroso coolant overflow containers And some GM cars like the second gen Camaro and or the 1998-74 Nova have a decent size one,,

Thanks guys, that Meziere one looks nice and comes in black which is a plus for me . I was initially looking at this one from Billet Specialites but it only holds 15 ounces. Wasn't sure if thats enough capacity.

Name:  blk77109.jpg
Views: 1277
Size:  6.0 KB
      Cheers
      Dustin

I think that might be a little too small. I have a simple white plastic overfill tank and I can see the fluid level. I would say that the fluid level goes up and down about 4 cm. The container is about 16cm x 12cm, so that's 768cm^3 of fluid change which is about 26 fluid ounces. I'm running an LSA engine with an Entropy radiator.

Factory here
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

I was looking at Sheck44's '69 Camaro build and he had a remote power steering reservoir that was made by a guy in California. Very nicely built. Thick SS material and a SS screw on cap with o'ring. I contacted him and asked him if he would build me a overflow to my dimensions and the way I wanted it built. He said that it wouldn't be a problem. I received it in about a week and could not be happier. I've never had it burp out on the concrete. Works just like the new cars. I can show pics and give you contact information if you'd like.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Summit has this 26 oz overflow tank which is awesome. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-300103-9

Stainless overflow tanks are dirt cheap on eBay and come in a wide variety of lengths and diameters.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Quote Originally Posted by blitzer454 View Post
      I think that might be a little too small. I have a simple white plastic overfill tank and I can see the fluid level. I would say that the fluid level goes up and down about 4 cm. The container is about 16cm x 12cm, so that's 768cm^3 of fluid change which is about 26 fluid ounces. I'm running an LSA engine with an Entropy radiator.
      Thanks, thats what I was wondering. There's plenty of ones out there, but just wasn't sure on the size to look for. Seems like alot of guys are happy with theirs around 28 ounces so I might shoot for one around that.

Minedrew68, got a link to any pics?
      Cheers
      Dustin

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com