Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Tremec T56 dial indicating plate

Bowler Performance has released a new dial indicating plate for the Tremec T56 transmissions. Dial indicating your bell housing with the front cover of your Tremec T56 has long been the sore spot when doing installations. No one wants to take their brand new transmission apart to just to make sure the bell housing is aligned, and it’s not feasible to buy a new front cover that you’ll probably never use again. This dial indicating plate utilizes the dowel pin locating holes in the bellhousing to ensure a precise and accurate location of the plate to get your measurement. Simply bolt the plate onto your bell housing and perform the alignment procedure just like you would with any 4 or 5 speed bellhousing. The plate can be used as many times as you want so it’s a great tool for installers and shops. Priced at $65, it will easily pay for itself in the time and trouble you save.

You can also check it out online https://www.bowlertransmissions.com/...dicator-plate/

call 618-943-4856 or email [email protected] if you have any questions. Thanks.
      Name:  bellhousingwindicatorsmall.jpg
Views: 911
Size:  263.0 KBName:  plate2small.jpg
Views: 859
Size:  103.0 KB
      visit us on the web at www.bowlertransmissions.com

Here is a quick video as well if you're not much of a reader.

I like the idea, but it seems like that adds additional variance to the measurement. The plate itself has tolerance that is not represented in the final assembly.
      1972 Plymouth 'Cuda - Not LS-swapped, 5.7L Hemi [MS3 Gold Box], T56 Magnum 6-speed - 'Cuda Build Page
      1976 Dodge D100 - Warlock
      2016 Subaru WRX - E30 Tune

I would think that since the plate is probably cnc made the tolerances are going to be about as good as it gets. With the dowel holes already in the alignment should be very close. i think it's a better mouse trap than taking apart the front of the trans and using the front piece of the transmission. and then putting the trans back together. Good idea in my way of thinking. If someone uses it once or twice it might be a little salty, but I'm thinking it's worth the money, and besides you could always loan it to your friends...

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Quote Originally Posted by minendrews68 View Post
      I would think that since the plate is probably cnc made the tolerances are going to be about as good as it gets. With the dowel holes already in the alignment should be very close. i think it's a better mouse trap than taking apart the front of the trans and using the front piece of the transmission. and then putting the trans back together. Good idea in my way of thinking. If someone uses it once or twice it might be a little salty, but I'm thinking it's worth the money, and besides you could always loan it to your friends...
      fwiw, a reputable Tremec vendor told me it's not necessary to align it with my Quicktime bell [has dowels].
      1972 Plymouth 'Cuda - Not LS-swapped, 5.7L Hemi [MS3 Gold Box], T56 Magnum 6-speed - 'Cuda Build Page
      1976 Dodge D100 - Warlock
      2016 Subaru WRX - E30 Tune

Quote Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda View Post
      fwiw, a reputable Tremec vendor told me it's not necessary to align it with my Quicktime bell [has dowels].
      IMHO the reputable Tremec vendor is wrong. I had to align my quicktime for both parallel and runout as both were off, not grossly off, but out of spec. Given the tight alignment specs for the Magnum (probably the same for the TKO), both measurements should be checked when installing the BH. Quicktime is way better than most when it comes to tolerances, but still needs alignment verification or adjustment if necessary. Laying under the car on the garage floor trying to get the runout set makes this Bowler plate worth every penny and a whole lot better than having to remove the front cover from the trans.

Country Flag: Canada
      The cost of the plate is way cheaper than replacing bearings because you guessed lol....
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

We compared the alignment plate to a front cover for accuracy on multiple bell housings and were always within a few thousandths of each other. I agree that the Quick Time bellhousings are built really well, but that doesn't mean they will always be within the .010 required spec for total run out when aligning it to your engine. We've seen our fair share of T56 transmissions with a wiped out input shaft bearing due to misalignment. I've also seen in our testing where different bell housings on the same engine are off by different amounts. The whole point of this isn't to just sell a product, but to keep you from having a failure that could've been avoided.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com