Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Dual disk Fidanza 33 lbs setup ok on street?

As stated in title. I bout to pull the trigger on a Fidanza http://www.titanmotorsports.com/fi76cetwdica.html I can get it for way less than half new in a box. Im running an LS from an 07 with the square port truck heads and a pertty stout cam good for 550 hp. T56 Viper trans, 315's out back 4.11:1 rear gearz. and really Im wondering if I wil get the fast rev I want and still enough to mass to pull through starting out at stop lights without a Formula F1 start =/ Wife will drive it to but She used to take over kids who couldn't drive their mustangs Camaros very well cars at the street races to win them money. =) Gotta love a bad ass bitch w a bow-tie under the navel
      69 Camaro
      W/D sub, Wilwood 13" brakes Bozeforged wheels 18X10 & 18X12,
      Lateral dynamics 3 link ( custom setup ) Dana 60
      lsX Twin Turbo, soon to come
      Viper T56 in place (Yay)
      Bought a running driving car so I can enjoy it before Im dead
      LD 3 Link Installed into ^^^^^ (Yay)

I don't consider 33 pounds to be exactly "light." I used to run a clutch set-up that was less than 20 pounds in a LS powered RX7. I think it will drive fine.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Considering that a stock LS7 clutch with flywheel is 57 lbs I "would" very much consider 24 lbs of mass off the rotating assembly and a lot of that weight being removed from the outer mass makes a very large difference. closer to the center is a HUGE difference. Almost 45 percent of the mass gone from the LS7 setup. But ok what setup did you run in said RX7? What weight? how many disks? Did your wife have any issues with stalling it?
      Thanks for the responses
      69 Camaro
      W/D sub, Wilwood 13" brakes Bozeforged wheels 18X10 & 18X12,
      Lateral dynamics 3 link ( custom setup ) Dana 60
      lsX Twin Turbo, soon to come
      Viper T56 in place (Yay)
      Bought a running driving car so I can enjoy it before Im dead
      LD 3 Link Installed into ^^^^^ (Yay)

I ran a single disk 8.5" Quarter Master clutch. As I said, it was under 20 pounds, including the flywheel. The car was light, so it was easier to get going. It was mostly a track car, so no-one else drove it. It was easy to drive on the street just by blipping the throttle a little bit and then taking off in a normal way.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by Madspeed View Post
      As stated in title. I bout to pull the trigger on a Fidanza http://www.titanmotorsports.com/fi76cetwdica.html I can get it for way less than half new in a box. Im running an LS from an 07 with the square port truck heads and a pertty stout cam good for 550 hp. T56 Viper trans, 315's out back 4.11:1 rear gearz. and really Im wondering if I wil get the fast rev I want and still enough to mass to pull through starting out at stop lights without a Formula F1 start =/ Wife will drive it to but She used to take over kids who couldn't drive their mustangs Camaros very well cars at the street races to win them money. =) Gotta love a bad ass bitch w a bow-tie under the navel
      With the 4.11 gears you should be fine for the street. It may take a little more slippage than a factory set up to get going, but should still be streetable enough to drive around town.

visit us on the web at www.bowlertransmissions.com

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com