Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Hilborn EFO

Country Flag: United States

Hilborn EFO

any thoughts on these guys. I have a 351w built very well to 427 specs. runs very well and very strong. converting it over to the hilborn efi 8 stack system. thoughts about this. love the look of the 8 stack and looking for this to make it even more reliable etc

thoughts
      2015 Porsche Macan Turbo (white)
      2015 Porsche 991 Turbo S (agate grey)
      1996 Porsche 993 Turbo (guards red)
      1970 Dodge Challenger (B5 blue)
      1968 Porsche 911 (sand beige)
      1967 Vette (elkhart blue)
      1966 Pontiac GTO (light blue)
      1966 Fastback (black)

There is nothing more cool than an stack fuel injection system.

I have been considering installing a Hilborn 8 stack EFI on Dust Off. I can't think of a cooler style injector. Hilborn has been around since the 50's making these injection systems and only in the last few years they have started offering EFI versions of it. The natural efficiency of the design combined with EFI technology is a nearly perfect match. The only drawback is the $8k price tag.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

I am building a similar 427w and was considering going 8 stack EFI. There are several companies I looked at http://www.eightstack.com/351%20427%20Systems.html has some beautiful stuff, and are very helpful. (Borla recently bought out 8-stack though) http://www.borlainduction.com/200064...-air-horn.html has a killer cross ram that I absolutely love, except for the price. There are a couple of custom shops around who will also build you whatever you want based on old manifolds with IDAs, about the same cash layout. The majority of the kits need electronics on top of the injection price along with pumps, filters and related items. Not a cheep induction system, but soooo sexy!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com