Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

What prop valve do I have here?

Before my dad passed away, he was going to convert his rear drum '71 Camaro to rear disc so he bought a bunch of parts for the conversion, including a proportioning valve. My strong suspicion is it's a 4 wheel disc valve from a 4-wheel disc Trans Am/Firebird. It's never been used and has been in storage for the last 6-7 years or so.

With my brake woes going on, I was thinking about putting on this new proportioning valve to rule out the prop valve as the issue.

But I'm not 100% certain, so I figured I'd ask here to see if anyone knew...

It's a brass body valve identical in appearance to this one, but it has some markings stamped on the side that I can't seem to locate online...

HJ 9 349 9419

1971 Camaro
      GM HT383, MiniRam EFI, AFR heads
      "8-speed" trans (700R4 + Gear Vendors OD)

To me it looks like a GM valve. Pretty common, so you shouldn't have any problems. Hopefully someone else will respond.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Yeah. The main question is it a 4 wheel disc valve...
      1971 Camaro
      GM HT383, MiniRam EFI, AFR heads
      "8-speed" trans (700R4 + Gear Vendors OD)

You want one from a 1979-81 Firebird .part number 1257189. That is what I use on my 1979 Z-28 RS Camaro with 4 wheel Baer Brakes

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com