Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Used 9" Rear Value/For sale

I'm going to be swapping out my rear suspension for a 4-link and new complete 9" so I'm looking to see what my current 9" might be worth. I tried the marketplace section to get an idea of what its worth but no replies.

The 68 camaro was purchased with a 9" with an unknown gear, seems to be around 3:50 form what I can tell. Has the spring perches moved to accommodate the leaf springs and is a little narrowed compare to stock length. Looking to see what this is worth? It will come included with 11" single piston disc brakes, drilled and slotted rottors, multi-leaf springs, traction bars brake hoses and ebrake cable. Has 28 spline ford bolt pattern axels (1.25" wheel adapters included for GM bolt pattern). Total overall mounting with is 56-5/8" (51" flange to flange), add 2.5" for the wheel adapters unless you swap axles. That's about all I know about the rear.

This is for sale, just dont know a price. Open to offers, located in SW Houston.

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by jasonz28camaro View Post
      I'm going to be swapping out my rear suspension for a 4-link and new complete 9" so I'm looking to see what my current 9" might be worth. I tried the marketplace section to get an idea of what its worth but no replies.

The 68 camaro was purchased with a 9" with an unknown gear, seems to be around 3:50 form what I can tell. Has the spring perches moved to accommodate the leaf springs and is a little narrowed compare to stock length. Looking to see what this is worth? It will come included with 11" single piston disc brakes, drilled and slotted rottors, multi-leaf springs, traction bars brake hoses and ebrake cable. Has 28 spline ford bolt pattern axels (1.25" wheel adapters included for GM bolt pattern). Total overall mounting with is 56-5/8" (51" flange to flange), add 2.5" for the wheel adapters unless you swap axles. That's about all I know about the rear.

This is for sale, just dont know a price. Open to offers, located in SW Houston.

Jason,
      You may want to tell people if it is a posi or open carrier, if posi, what carrier is in it?
      Also, you mention that it is " a little narrowed", but your dimensions don't add up? (56 5/8" overall, but then you break it down to 51" flange to flange + 2.5" for (2) wheel adapters/spacers ) only comes to 53.5" overall ?,
      what brand brake kit? OEM used or aftermarket?
      what type of spring perches are on it? who and how were they done? ( ie professional shop or Billy-Bob in his shed, trying to weld? LOL
      pictures and more specifics would help you in estimating value
      now it sounds like a $350-500 rearend, maybe?

Hope this helps,
      Jeff

I agree with Jeff, especially on the pics and specifics.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

A picture is worth a thousand words, and key measurements that everyone can go by will help. Like others I suggest you shoot some pix of the perches and how it was narrowed, but also take exact measurements of the Flange to Flange space, and the Perch to Perch as well. This 9" Ford Rear diagram may help.

'69 LeMans Blue Coupe, White Interior, Massaged .030" over 454, Super T10 4-Speed,
      Holley 4150, Pertronix Ignition, CompCams Xtreme Energy XS274S, 781 Oval Port Heads

Quote Originally Posted by jwcarguy View Post
      Jason,
      You may want to tell people if it is a posi or open carrier, if posi, what carrier is in it?
      Also, you mention that it is " a little narrowed", but your dimensions don't add up? (56 5/8" overall, but then you break it down to 51" flange to flange + 2.5" for (2) wheel adapters/spacers ) only comes to 53.5" overall ?,
      what brand brake kit? OEM used or aftermarket?
      what type of spring perches are on it? who and how were they done? ( ie professional shop or Billy-Bob in his shed, trying to weld? LOL
      pictures and more specifics would help you in estimating value
      now it sounds like a $350-500 rearend, maybe?

Hope this helps,
      Jeff
      Like I said I do not know much about it. When you jack it up and spin one wheel the other spins, posi?
      Its 56-5/8" overall mounting with with the axles in it with the ford bolt pattern. To accept gm bolt pattern an adapter was used. @1.25" per side the total with adapters is 59.125". I'll double check all measurements once the rear is out next week. Axle tubes are the same length, the housing is centered and equal on both sides. Hope that helps clear it up. I do not know the answers to any other question you have. I can get some photos up tomorrow or tuesday.

I have one photo I can share, will get more when I get back in town. Doesnt show too much but maybe it might help for now.
      Name:  IMG_0728.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  139.9 KB

Came out of a 68 Camaro so it should fit right in a 69 Firebird correct? I may be interested.
      Did you have any issues with it?

It will fit. I have not had an issue with it, no noises and performs as it should.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com