Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

How Does Everyone Organize Their Electrical Connectors/Terminals/Stuff?

I'm trying to get my garage and my tools organized, and I'm struggling with how to organize my electrical stuff. Specifically, I have several bags and boxes of different size ring lugs, butt connectors, spade lugs, etc., that are a jumbled mess in my toolbox. The bags and boxes come open from time to time and spill out and make an even bigger mess.

Anyone have any clever ways to store and organize that sort of stuff? Something like this organizer is the only thing that comes to mind for me.

Name:  black-stanley-small-parts-organizers-stst14027-64_1000.jpg
Views: 672
Size:  63.2 KB
      Dude are you made of leprechauns? Cause that was awesome!

Country Flag: United States
      I'm using the husky version of that for my electrical connections and nuts and bolts

Do you stick the little card with the size ranges down in each compartment?
      Dude are you made of leprechauns? Cause that was awesome!

Pic is sideways but you get the idea. I have about 20 of these “stations” in the shop where I assemble a variety of harnesses-both restoration style and custom
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      "...if at first you don't succeed, try again.
      If you still don't succeed, then quit-no sense being a damn fool about it..."
      -W.C. Fields

HARNESSWORX
      (formerly gmachinz)

For small parts the larger plastic flip-top organizer/Flambeau boxes that have the slots to insert dividers work well. Hot gluing the dividers to the bottom of the box is very helpful. I'll also cut off the bag tag and put it in the bottom of the section and pour the parts over the top. They store nicely on shelves or in a canvas tool bag. There's 13 of these in various sizes used for vaporworx small parts.

For larger connector bodies the Stanley box works well but can be inefficient since the cavities can be too big if only one part is inserted. I'll usually leave the connector body in the bag but combine the males and females to save room. Also combining similar cavity count bodies into the same box location works but I'll leave the parts in the bags with the part number and description still on.
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

I got clear flip top from HF, works good. The one H2Ogbodies is a nice set up but in my case its a problem. Hammering away on the work bench, that is bolted to the wall, is enough to shake the bins open and sometimes out! The bins are mounted on the wall above so just dont do it the same way I did.

I've got about a dozen of these, I keep them in a cabinet under the workbench. I use them for electrical and also matching sized machine thread hardware.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Tough-Box-1...zer/1000399279

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com