Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

TMI and Procar seat brackets

So here's my story. I'm installing TMI pro series seats in my 69 Pontiac but I already have Procar seat brackets. In searching the web the TMI and Procar brackets appeared to be very similar. I contacted TMI to see if the Procar brackets would work with the TMI seats so I could save some money and not have to buy brackets twice. TMI support told me that with "almost 100% certainty" they would not fit as they were built specifically for TMI seats. Well ladies and gents I can tell you for a fact that the brackets arrived today and they are dimensionally identical. I have added a photo to show the TMI bracket on the right and Procar on the left. It's worth noting that Procar brackets are less expensive. I can't guarantee this will be the same for all brackets but it applies to GM A bodies 68-72. Hopefully my experience will save someone else time and money. There are some other issues I may cover regarding the TMI seats I ordered but I'll give TMI and JEGS the opportunity to take care of things first.
      Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1213
Size:  235.4 KB

brackets

Those look exactly like the ones i have in my procar rally for my nova

Would like to hear your feedback on the seats.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHD View Post
      Would like to hear your feedback on the seats.
      Here are the Pro series seats. For reference I'm 6' 270 and these seats are very comfortable, then only thing that remains to be seen is the seat height when installed. I can tell you the box for the seat and the box for the bracket looked like they were pinatas and were closed up with duct tape when they arrived. Additionally all the hardware was rolling around it the box, fortunately all the nuts and bolts were there. I'm guessing it happend in shipping as I couldn't imagine it would come from the factory like that. I'll update you when I get them installed.
      Name:  image.jpg
Views: 926
Size:  105.4 KB

Thanks

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com