Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

4L75E in the 48 Hour Camaro

If any of you are following along with the latest 48 Hour Camaro build that ridetech is doing out at Barrett-Jackson this week we have equipped it with one of our 4L75E transmissions optimized for the autocross and road course. I've created some tech articles if you're up for some reading into how we put our transmissions together.

Part 1 - https://www.bowlertransmissions.com/...ur-build-2018/

Part 2 - https://www.bowlertransmissions.com/...d-2018-part-2/

Once we release the final part 3 I'll link it up here as well. Enjoy!
      visit us on the web at www.bowlertransmissions.com

I have been wishing for an automatic trans like this for a long time! Naturally I recently bought the Trans for my current project. Can’t wait to see your trans in action!
      My '67 Nova Build Thread http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums...d.php?t=218954

'73 TA build. @projectarrowhead73

Quote Originally Posted by TerryD View Post
      I have been wishing for an automatic trans like this for a long time! Naturally I recently bought the Trans for my current project. Can’t wait to see your trans in action!
      Thanks Terry. We're pretty excited to see how it performs as well!

What TCU and shifter set up are you going to use?
      My '67 Nova Build Thread http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums...d.php?t=218954

'73 TA build. @projectarrowhead73

The 48 Hour Camaro will be using a Holley Dominator for Engine and Transmission control. We didn't supply the shift mechanism, so I'm not 100% sure which one they're going to use with the interior set up that's planned. I saw the original still mounted in there the other day when they did the engine/trans mock up so they may be keeping with that one.

This transmission works exceptionally well. The car launches quickly and with little or no drama. At the autocross, we use first gear only. The Pro Torque converter and Bowler mods with Sonnax hardware work together to keep the drivetrain COUPLED. You get just the right amount of engine braking. On the street and highway, shifts are quick but never harsh. Tip into the throttle and electronic kickdown and lock-up respond intuitively. Bowler really knows what they are doing. The best thing is that the billet converter from Pro Torque feels tight at part throttle, but the engine accelerates quickly like a higher stall converter when you stand on the gas. The shifter, by the way is a factory horseshoe -- aka "staple" shifter with a Shiftworks gate conversion. It's awesome.

I need more info about this. I am in the process of rebuilding a 60e for my camaro and will be using the dominator for trans control. I'm up to the part I need to rebuild my valve body and all the info in part 3 is going to be helpful. Steve, I'm surprised you couldn't talk them into a paddle shifter. Does compushift still offer a paddle shifter?

So since this popped up again I realized that I totally forgot to link Part 3!

Here it is : 48 Hour Camaro Part 3

Mark,
      If you check that out and want to discuss it further definitely let me know. You can always call me direct at the shop 618-943-4856 or email [email protected]

Thanks!

Thank you for the 3 articles... That was good reading. What's the size of the trans cooler lines -6?

Quote Originally Posted by DJW32 View Post
      Thank you for the 3 articles... That was good reading. What's the size of the trans cooler lines -6?
      Yes, we used a -6 line.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com