Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by egoman View Post
      csouth, I see that you used an adapter from the rotor to the stock car hubs rotor adaptor. With the way you spaced the rotors inboard does this allow you to use regular (Non ZO6) wheels?
      I am not sure that there are any ideas that I can use completely, but there are a lot of small ideas that I can choose from to make this work. I am bound and determined to make the stock e-brakes work just like they are supposed to. If more people keep providing ideas I will come up with a plan that will work. The first project for the car when all the goodies arrive is the rear end and the rear brakes, so I can cross post that to this forum as well as the builds forum.
      If anyone even finds a picture that they can share it will make this easier.
      All the parts in my setup is just as it came from Moser. They only offer 11" rotors for their floater, so I fount the specs for the z06 rear and ordered mine. There was a thread here where I think Ron Schwartz made a rotor adapter out of a stock rotor and welded the ebrake backing plate to the housing. I have some small parking brake calipers I will probably install later. If I can find the link, I'll post it here.

Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

csouth, I see that you used an adapter from the rotor to the stock car hubs rotor adaptor. With the way you spaced the rotors inboard does this allow you to use regular (Non ZO6) wheels?
      I am not sure that there are any ideas that I can use completely, but there are a lot of small ideas that I can choose from to make this work. I am bound and determined to make the stock e-brakes work just like they are supposed to If more people keep providing ideas I will come up with a plan that will work. The first project for the car when all the goodies arrive is the rear end and the rear brakes, so I can cross post that to this forum as well as the builds forum.
      If anyone even finds a picture that they can share it will make this easier.
      Then you want the Miller Built set up. https://millerbuiltusa.com/ Setting aside all the other advantages it has over a traditional floater setup up for a Pro Touring car, the fact that the parking brake works perfectly, all the time, makes it worth the price of admission.
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

Quote Originally Posted by dontlifttoshift View Post
      Then you want the Miller Built set up. https://millerbuiltusa.com/ Setting aside all the other advantages it has over a traditional floater setup up for a Pro Touring car, the fact that the parking brake works perfectly, all the time, makes it worth the price of admission.
      OP see this ^^^^^
      You're fighting an uphill battle trying to get the traditional e-brake to work with the typical floater. If you don't already have a housing, stop and evaluate the information here.

Chris--

Just for added info.. We use Moser or Coleman floaters on most of our rear ends in our chassis systems.
      I have a bunch of 13" and 14" rotors that will fit the Moser or Coleman floater hub / rotor adapter (hat), 1.1" and 1.25" thick both.
      We used to use Revolution Brake for a mechanical spot caliper on those setups. They're not cheap (like $600 a pair), but worked well. I have brackets for the Revolution caliper to the housing and to the caliper.

I understand the parking brake was an issue, but this is an alternative.

BUT.... I will also recommend the MillerBuilt setup as Donnie & Chris did if you're set on that. We're a dealer for them as well..

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Country Flag: Canada
      https://www.streetortrack.com/Full-F...-pr-24714.html
      I also found this.
      By the way I already have several floater rear ends right now in various states of damage.

https://www.streetortrack.com/Full-F...-pr-24714.html
      I also found this.
      By the way I already have several floater rear ends right now in various states of damage.
      You never said what vehicle this is for, but the site in that link caters to Mustangs.

Chris--

Country Flag: Canada
      Right now its s secret but I already have the vehicle too. My corvette supply guy has been in touch with me today and in the next 3-4 weeks I should have all my goodies to get started.

I'm doing the same with CSTV 1 brakes and a full floater.
      Taking the rear knuckle from the caddy and cutting off the suspension mounting points leaves an aluminum caliper bracket, and everything you need for the parking brake.
      Taking the bolts that used to hold the wheel bearing to the knuckle, flipping them around and threading them into a flat plate welded to the axle tube.
      Then using off the shelf rotors, opening up the center bore to clear, and drilling them to bolt to the floater hub.
      It gives you full factory parking brake.

Don't have any pictures of the actual parts on this computer, but here are the drawings I used to mock it up

Name:  rear brakes 2.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  117.2 KBName:  rear brakes 1.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  126.0 KB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com