Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Help me install my Lateral dynamics 3 link please

So due to a lot of not so nice **** happening to me over 15 years ago I had to put away my dream car. With it went all my LD3 link, Wayne Due sub, fat tires and all. I was let go from a company 3 months before I would have been vested after 4 years and 9 months service with a one month old baby and a brand new truck payment. Thanks SBC Pacific Bell// AT&T ..!. .!..

FFW today I have become the Phoenix. I bought another Camaro that I could drive while I finished collecting my parts. So now I need your guys help to place all the Xmembers and stuf in the correct spots. Anyone have templates ore advice to the install? At one time I had the complete cad drawings of the entire system as I worked with LD to d a one off Dana 60 rear housing.
      Thanks Ken
      69 Camaro
      W/D sub, Wilwood 13" brakes Bozeforged wheels 18X10 & 18X12,
      Lateral dynamics 3 link ( custom setup ) Dana 60
      lsX Twin Turbo, soon to come
      Viper T56 in place (Yay)
      Bought a running driving car so I can enjoy it before Im dead
      LD 3 Link Installed into ^^^^^ (Yay)

This guy might be able to help you:

http://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=55464

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Hi Madspeed! I remember you. We sold you the brackets and such for you to fab your own D60 rear housing version. Shoot me a PM and I am happy to help out, drop me a good email address and let's get that sucker in so you can enjoy it. LD is back in town!

Cheers,
      Mark

Oh wow. Im so happy to hear you are back. I thought You guys were awesome and I was sad when you closed. I still have my LD t shirt in perfect condition. =) Helps that Ive gained 50 lbs and its to small =) but the wife wears it occasionally.
      69 Camaro
      Viper T56 in place (Yay)

Quote Originally Posted by Mean 69 View Post
      Hi Madspeed! I remember you. We sold you the brackets and such for you to fab your own D60 rear housing version. Shoot me a PM and I am happy to help out, drop me a good email address and let's get that sucker in so you can enjoy it. LD is back in town!

Cheers,
      Mark
      yay! Mark

It's a great system!
      Having worked on two cars with it, the one caution is to make a little extra clearance in the crossmember just below the front upper link mount. The left side is where I saw some contact with the driveshaft. Bad Penny had the most trouble due to Steve wanting to run it so low. Your Watts setting makes a difference in driveshaft movement in roll. The lower the Watts pivot, the more the driveshaft moves. Both cars had fuel pump/filters mounted above the watts that prevented us from trying higher positions. We later moved the Watts higher on Shipka's One Lap Camaro and we reduced understeer.

Name:  IMG_1104s.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  60.4 KB

Watts pivot was at second hole up from the lowest.
      Name:  penny watts holes.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  103.6 KB
      Last edited by David Pozzi; 01-13-2018 at 04:36 PM.
      67 Camaro RS that will be faster than anything Mary owns.

Thanks David, and you are completely correct on the clearance issue. It's an easy thing to improve upon before the crossmember gets installed so I plan on coaching Ken on how to do it. Also shown in David's photo is a sway bar link - the original LD 3-Link system didn't have accommodations for anti-roll bar and more data showed that it would benefit from one - and several cars were fitted as such after install. Thanks to David for this too!

The single biggest drawback of the overall system was the complexity to install. Very strong, very adjustable, but while no more difficult than a competitor's 4-Link system, it was still a bit of work to install.

Cheers all,
      Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Mean 69 View Post
      Thanks David, and you are completely correct on the clearance issue. It's an easy thing to improve upon before the crossmember gets installed so I plan on coaching Ken on how to do it. Also shown in David's photo is a sway bar link - the original LD 3-Link system didn't have accommodations for anti-roll bar and more data showed that it would benefit from one - and several cars were fitted as such after install. Thanks to David for this too!

The single biggest drawback of the overall system was the complexity to install. Very strong, very adjustable, but while no more difficult than a competitor's 4-Link system, it was still a bit of work to install.

Cheers all,
      Mark
      great system, I have always thought it was a good one, it was great to meet mark at SEMA and that I was able to work on One Lap Camaro a few years back with Raymonds performance and Ron Sutton to optimized the platform

Bad Penny now runs a small rear bar & higher watts setting.
      67 Camaro RS that will be faster than anything Mary owns.

Ruhh Rohhh. The front member is already part way welded in. I havent placed the rear watts link member yet. So mods to that can be done. On the front link I have all kinds of ways to cut and weld. Thankfully I own a HUGE tig decent 220 vlt mig. and a 220 volt Plasma that will cut 7/8" thick steel =) Now if Only I could weld for ****. The front is a Gen 1 W/D C4. Im worried I have the wrong springs. I had originally had a 496 BBC with merlin aluminum heads. Wayne sent what he chose for that engine setup. Springs are 10 400 QA. I remember having the engine in it before and it was on the ground with the springs wound to the top. New plan ATM is a 6.0 LS I pulled from my 07 suburban and swapped in a Twin turbod Duramax with a 480 SXE turbo on top of stock. Trans is a Viper T56. And the Dana 60 IS from Bad penny =)
      Ken
      69 Camaro
      Viper T56 in place (Yay)

"And the Dana 60 IS from Bad penny =)"

I had completely forgotten that!!!!! Very cool!
      Mark

Look Im building a rock crawler
      Attached Images Attached Images          
      69 Camaro
      Viper T56 in place (Yay)

Does any one have some pics for the placement of the cover tins for this kit? the watts link x member cover in the trunk, upper housing cover and the upper link cover in the rear seat? I would like to see where they all sit. I have to find my watts link cover =( Or make one
      69 Camaro
      Viper T56 in place (Yay)

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com