Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: no BRAKE LITES

Country Flag: United States

no BRAKE LITES

94 CHEV 1500 SILVERADO 2 wheel dr, 350 I have no rear brake lites. But I have brake lites at the 3rd brake lite. No power to rear. 4 ways and turn signals and parking lite all have power I can't find any broken wires! What am I missing?

I don’t know any specifics of that truck, but have you checked the fuses? Are you grounding through the socket or to a known good chassis ground when checking voltage? Have you tried jumperong the brake switch to make sure the switch isn’t bad or connected wrong?
      Dude are you made of leprechauns? Cause that was awesome!

Check brake light fuse. I think the third light is a separate circuit.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

fuse was checked and replaced. flasher relay and 4 ways were replace. power was going thru the switch, has to be somewhere when they changed to the 3rd brake lite in my opinion. but didn't know where to go from there!I now believe that the 3rd brake lite has a relay in it somewhere.

I think the switch in the column might be your issue, the brake lights feed through the hazard/turn signal switch...power flow is... Starts at brake Fuse,to brake Switch, to stop lamp Relay, to turn/hazard Switch, to rear tailights.

wiring diagrams: http://www.someotherplace.com/info/stoplamp1.jpg http://www.someotherplace.com/info/stoplamp2.jpg

On a 1994 Chev Silverado, and probably all later model GM products is a 3rd brake light relay. On this model it is on the firewall above the steering column. That relay was bad. It is a narrow 4 prong relay made differently than a regular relay. That and $30 will fix you rear brake lights!

Check the tail light circuit boards
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.
      "The best thing about participating in these events is that you get to hang out with a group of intelligent like minded people who live to achieve things in their lives. You won't find a lazy, mean, or dumb bone in their bodies." Bret Voelkel, RideTech

guess I should have said FOUND THE PROBLEM! read my last post. relay for 3rd brake lite bad.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com