Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Paddle Shifters compatible with factory GM ECU?

I've seen lots of ones designed for aftermarket pcms. But if you're already using a swapped 5.3/6.0 with 4L60E or 4L80E, are there paddle shifters designed to work with the factory ecu?
      Red Forman: "The Mustang's front end is problematic; get yourself a Firebird."

The TCM on my 6L80 is set up to use paddle shifters. In fact I ran the wire into the cabin for future use. You would have to look at the controller of those transmissions to see if they are set up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by 68Formula View Post
      I've seen lots of ones designed for aftermarket pcms. But if you're already using a swapped 5.3/6.0 with 4L60E or 4L80E, are there paddle shifters designed to work with the factory ecu?
      If your factory set up had the provision for the "auto stick" or "manumatic" feature you can tap into it with a paddle shifter since it will access the same inputs that the factory shifter uses for the manual +/- shifting. I know the Twist Machine paddles are compatible with that type of factory set up, but I can't say for sure on the other brands.

visit us on the web at www.bowlertransmissions.com

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com