Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 1badchicken View Post
      Rob,
      Thank you. That’s the info I was looking for. That helps a ton. $20k is in the budget.
      I will take a look at the options you provided and figure out what I want to go with.

I will be going with a stock rail profil. I need the clearance to drive it regularly in Michigan on our roads

One other question. What is the widest tire I can get under the rear?
      Front?
      Both front and rear are limited first by sheet metal. The OE rear well will fit a 295, some will say 305/315, but that gets VERY close. By widening the stock tub inboard, a 335 or 345 will fit. Our suspension stance would allow to 385mm (theoretical number, but good to know). Up front, a 285 is easy with the stance of the 'stock' profile rail. with 295+, there is contact with the OE inner fender. With modified stock, or 'Slosh' tubbs, 315 is easy, 335 can be done, but requires the use of a splined arm sway bar for extra clearance. - This is partly due to the fact that our Wide-Ride IFS turns 41/39 degrees (inside/outside) this is a good bit more than the OE suspension, and the tire/wheel starts to contact. Larger wheels, 18-19-20 help with this. Stock rail profile with a 28" dia tire will set the rocker 8" to 9" from the ground. Looks like a truck with a 4/6 drop. No Ground Clearance issues at all. FYI, Ultimate Headers makes a spec header for our chassis for LS and SBC, the collector output lines up perfectly with the exhaust ports in the chassis.

Sounds good, I need to call your shop to go through all the final details to get the chassis ordered. When we first spoke you had mentioned that your shop was pretty backed up and couldn’t get to the actual chassis swap. How fare backed up, what kinda time frame are we talking to get in?

Country Flag: United States
      right now 10 to 12 weeks on full chassis. We are just finishing up our third Pro-Tech chassis table, which should help speed things up in the next few weeks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com