Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

6L80E with column shift

I am wanting to use an Ididit column with column shift. Using a cable shift linkage to my 6l80e. Is it possible with having paddle shifters to be in manual mode? On this project, having manual shifting isn’t a concern to me. Just need it to use PRND. Does anyone have experience with this type of set up?

I run a column shift in my 1965 Buick Skylark using the stock steering column. I have brought the paddle shift wire into the cabin if I do indeed want to add the paddle shifter. I am also using a cable for the shift "linkage". I do not see a problem in what you are trying to do. Trying to remember the company I bought the cable from.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

I called Ididit and they said wasn’t possible. I knew had to be somehow. Are you using a gear indicator or nothing? Do you think a 4 speed indicator would work? The only cable linkages that I have seen is Lokars and Ididits.

I called Ididit and they said wasn’t possible. I knew had to be somehow. Are you using a gear indicator or nothing? Do you think a 4 speed indicator would work? The only cable linkages that I have seen is Lokars and Ididits.

I am using Lokars shift cable now that you reminded me. I did have to adjust the holes where the bracket mounted to the transmission. Yes I am using a gear indicator. It is the factory unit intragrated with my custom dash panels showing what gear you are in. It is located in the dash right above the steering column. I will see if I can find a better picture of it. Okay, this is the best picture I could find. You can see the orange shift indicator behind the Park label. Also no problem in adding a paddle shifter. I ran the wire from the TCM in the 6L80 transmission into the dash area if I ever decide to install a paddle shifter. D1 is supposed to be the "sport" mode. However I have both D and D1 programmed the same in the transmission.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Ok, I’m going to order an Ididit column and a Lokar linkage. I guess I should get a 4 speed indicator. The indicator is on the column of my car.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com