Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

2018 Goodguys Autocross Format

The 2018 event rules are now posted.
      https://www.good-guys.com/events/eve...guys-autocross

If I am reading this right, the format is new and pro cars will no longer be running at the top of every hour. Is that right? Specifically, I am looking at this statement:

"We will run in order of the pit stall, so everyone gets the same runs each day. At 3pm or 6pm we will set the 16-car ladder from the events best times in qualifying and those cars will be part of that event shootout."

For crowded events like Columbus this is a welcome change to all of us who aren't pros.

I hope I am understanding this correctly. Can someone with more knowledge confirm?

Thanks,
      Rich
      Rich
      1962 Mercury Comet, 32V Cobra engine, 5-speed, 8.8 rear, custom suspension
      1965 Ford Mustang, supercharged 5.0 EFI

That is different than what i saw a couple weeks ago. where there was NO Classes just the fastest car wins PERIOD. so maybe they changed it???

i like this part

All vehicles 1950 to 1987 (Get-togethers to 2018) in appearance, representing a production car.
      Last edited by killer69; 12-19-2017 at 11:02 AM.
      Blake Foster
      www.speedtechperformance.com
      435-628-4300
      St. George Utah.
      it's always sunny here.

Well, in case anyone is reading this, I'll answer my own thread. I called Goodguys and they confirmed the Pro class will no longer get special treatment. All cars in the pits will be run in the order they are parked. The fastest 16 for the event will participate in a two hour shootout end of Saturday.
      Rich
      1962 Mercury Comet, 32V Cobra engine, 5-speed, 8.8 rear, custom suspension
      1965 Ford Mustang, supercharged 5.0 EFI

That's how it was the Last goodguys in dallas. We just went down the row.

Quote Originally Posted by icemanrd19 View Post
      That's how it was the Last goodguys in dallas. We just went down the row.

How is it in Dallas? I have never been to any sort of GoodGuys event and am interested in attending this year with my 'Cuda. I wouldn't mind running the autocross, but I hope it's not a 5 hour event where I get one run in.
      1972 Plymouth 'Cuda - Not LS-swapped, 5.7L Hemi [MS3 Gold Box], T56 Magnum 6-speed - 'Cuda Build Page
      1976 Dodge D100 - Warlock
      2016 Subaru WRX - E30 Tune

I ran twice within the hr last goodguys and it was probably one of the biggest ones I've been too. The later in the year goodguys is the nicest one. You will still have a blast this march. Are you going to autorama? My car will be there with 6 other ones. Message me on Facebook

Randy dicken from allen, tx

Quote Originally Posted by icemanrd19 View Post
      I ran twice within the hr last goodguys and it was probably one of the biggest ones I've been too. The later in the year goodguys is the nicest one. You will still have a blast this march. Are you going to autorama? My car will be there with 6 other ones. Message me on Facebook

Randy dicken from allen, tx
      Thanks for the input. I'm not really up to speed with the Autorama show, I am just now looking at the radar for local car shows. My 'Cuda has 1,600 miles or so since the resto.
      1972 Plymouth 'Cuda - Not LS-swapped, 5.7L Hemi [MS3 Gold Box], T56 Magnum 6-speed - 'Cuda Build Page
      1976 Dodge D100 - Warlock
      2016 Subaru WRX - E30 Tune

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com