Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Temporary wheels for a 68 Camaro

I'll soon be in the process of swapping out the suspension on my camaro and running bigger brakes. I'm currently running a 15 Torque Thrust wheel but I'll need a larger wheel to clear brakes. What I'm seeking from you guys a temporary wheel recommendation that will fit inside the wheel well (front and back) when lowered until I can get custom wheels at a later date when my budget allows. will 4th get wheels work for my needs or corvette wheels from some year? Looking for a 17" or larger. The car will also get mini tubs with a stock length rear for the temporary period.

Looking for a cheap solution too. I do not want to buy new wheels. I'd be searching for something I could get used with tires for next to nothing. Got to save for the nice forged wheels later on.

Country Flag: United States
      i used 18" steel wheels from a 6 cyl 5th gen camaro they did need a 1" spacer. iam running 5th gen ss brembos

Thanks! Where did you need spacers? Front, back or both?

I researched this for awhile for my 67 Camaro. The draw was being able to find decent tires mounted on rims for less than what just tires cost new. However the downside I found was pretty much all OEM 17s/18s need spacers/adapters as the offsets and bolt patterns are different.

I ended up buying a set of BMW 18s that I liked the look of and had Michelins mounted - knowing they would need spacers/adapters. Then my project stalled.

Now that I'm getting back into my project, I've decided I don't want spacers. So I'll probably sell the BMW set and get wheels that fit.

If you're ok running spacers, you have quite a few options from 4th gen f-cars, 5th gen, Cadillac CTS, BMWs, GTOs...

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com