Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Limited space under hood. Options besides manual brakes?

Hey guys i have limited space under the hood and wondering if there is any options i'm missing other than manaul brakes when space is limited. There is only enough room for a master cylinder on the drivers side corner. Is there any remote mounting options that would make power brakes work? Anybody making remote hydraulic options? Thanks
      Cheers
      Dustin

A properly sized manual master cylinder and calipers would work good. Otherwise, what kind of car do you have? I have seen some under dash and chassis mounted master cylinders.

Country Flag: United States
      Thx for the reply. I have a 73 firebird with c6 z06 stoptech discs all around with a modified ls3 (630hp) inside. Between the large tires up front (315s) and the firewall tube bracing the hood space is limited. I do a bit of road racing a handful of times a year on long courses (5 mile laps) with mostly street driving the rest of the time. Im used to power brakes from modern cars out there, and was just wondering if there is any new systems im missing that i should look into. A wilwood master would fit by itself fine for manual brakes on the firewall. Im not crazy about the extra leg pressure/longer throw but might just have to go that way in the end. Just weighing options. I know new tech pops up every now and again and wanted to make sure im not missing anything.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com