Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
      Mocked up and tacked in the 4 link today! I think I even got it in straight

Just getting the frame perfectly level and ready for work took me probably 2 hours.

Country Flag: United States
      Same FatBar setup I have in my truck, I like the Caddy motor, it's a nice change....Keep the pic's coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Tincup View Post
      Same FatBar setup I have in my truck, I like the Caddy motor, it's a nice change....Keep the pic's coming.
      Thanks, Just checked out your build thread. Awesome stuff! Love the viper motor.

Rear end is FINISHED!! The kit from No Limit went in perfectly. I went through almost an entire spool of wire welding in the boxing plates, the front bar mounts, and I also welded the crossmembers in for extra strength. On to the frontend...

If I never see another steel rivet again it will be too soon! LOL
      Actually it wasn't that bad. Got 'em all out and cut the old crossmember out.

Lots of cutting and grinding to get the frame rails shaped to accept the new suspension and boxing plates. I had a ball though.

Fit up the new Wide Ride front end and it fit beautifully as expected. Got some paint behind the boxing plates and squared everything up for a final tack. I'm thrilled with how the suspension is coming-out.

Final welding will happen tomorrow before one last check of everything square!

Fully welded and ready for paint!! Those rivets were a bugger!! Going with POR15 then a topcoat of VHT chassis black epoxy.

Had enough time today to clean and paint the axle housing. Never built a 9 inch rear so this will be fun

I love this....Definitely one of my favorite new subscribed builds!
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

Quote Originally Posted by csouth View Post
      I love this....Definitely one of my favorite new subscribed builds!
      Wow, thanks!!!

Finally got paint on the frame. Satin VHT over POR15. That was a big hurdle.

Started assembling the rear end also. I've never built a Ford rear before so this is a learning curve. The Explorer brakes are making it a bit less straightforward. I had some confusion as to what seals are used. A call to Moser fixed me right up.

Next is some FUN. Assemble the suspension and get the truck on wheels! With work and the holidays I won't be able to work on it till new years, but I hope to get the drivetrain installed, fuel system, brake system and the cab back on by the end of January.

Had a couple days to tinker and made some good headway. Finished assembling the rear end and got the suspension bolted on. Its starting to look like a project! I'm pretty far ahead of my schedule which feels really good. I'm actually thinking I will realistically be driving this truck sometime next year. Serious motivation... Not bad for just 5 weeks into the project.

Received my gas tank from No Limit yesterday also. Aeromotive Stealth 340 pump. Supposedly good to about 800HP so it should fit the bill with the Caddy.
      Very nice setup. I must say No Limit has been very helpful. Josh, who answers the phone usually is really patient with my questions, and if he doesn't know the answer he gets right back to me. I was missing my rack/pinion steering bolts and they mailed some out to me pronto.

Hoping that all these parts will find their way on the truck in the next few days...

Fit my gas tank...

Fit and Installed the sending unit:

Began assembling the brakes...

Next is run the fuel and brake lines and the cab is finding its was back home.

Motor mounts arrived the other day. Company called TinMan Fabrications. I am VERY impressed with the craftsmanship, packaging, and detailed instructions that came with these. A+ for them!!!
      (one day I want to get a TIG welder and learn that)

Spent a few hours making brackets for my brake lines. I'm using Nicopp tubing for the first time and its like cheating. Flares are easy and perfect and bends nice and tight. I'm converted!

And now for the star of the show......

18x9.5 aluminum smoothies!

Your doing a lot of nice work, it's coming out great.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Country Flag: New Zealand
      Those wheels look cool; I really like that look with hubcaps on them. Keep up the great work, you are doing a tremendous job.
      cheers Russell

My 1957 Pontiac Star Chief powered by a 5.3 LS with a 4L60E transmission, on 18" US Mags Big Slots.

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiStarChief View Post
      Those wheels look cool; I really like that look with hubcaps on them. Keep up the great work, you are doing a tremendous job.
      Thanks! I wanted to keep it old school appearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      Your doing a lot of nice work, it's coming out great.
      Thank you! When I read some of the other build threads its pretty humbling. Some of the guys on this forum have unbelievable fabrication skills. Mines pretty simple in comparison but it should be fun to drive I think.

Figured out how the power brake kit goes together. Very clever design. Thumbs up for No Limit. Just to clean and paint the parts.

Got the fuel line plumbed and secured also.

Simple yet effective:

Just need to mount my proportioning valve and a few more brake lines and she's going back on wheels!

67' Camaro- 385 SBC/Autogear M22/Wilwood

My 57' Truck build:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/126935-Caddy-powered-pick-em-up-57-Chevy-truck

Quote Originally Posted by rlovell383 View Post
      Thank you! When I read some of the other build threads its pretty humbling. Some of the guys on this forum have unbelievable fabrication skills. Mines pretty simple in comparison but it should be fun to drive I think.
      Don't sell yourself short your doing some damn nice work here.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      Don't sell yourself short your doing some damn nice work here.
      Thanks.. I'm really stoked to drive this thing. Its going to be so much fun I think.
      67' Camaro- 385 SBC/Autogear M22/Wilwood

My 57' Truck build:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/126935-Caddy-powered-pick-em-up-57-Chevy-truck

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com