Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: Italy
      I am happy to inform you that I have bought a 392 hemi prepared by modern muscle extreme.. 620 hp aspired engine ;)

Country Flag: Italy
      why are there so few Mopar people?

Country Flag: United States
      Cause they cost a fortune to build. Just my.02

Quote Originally Posted by kochevy67 View Post
      Cause they cost a fortune to build. Just my.02
      This and part of the reason they cost so much is because fewer were built. About 305,000 Barracuda/Cudas from 1970-1974, there were about 567,000 Camaros over the same years, which is not too far from double..
      1972 Plymouth 'Cuda - Not LS-swapped, 5.7L Hemi [MS3 Gold Box], T56 Magnum 6-speed - 'Cuda Build Page
      1976 Dodge D100 - Warlock
      2016 Subaru WRX - E30 Tune

I did a 6.1L swap in my 68 Charger about 9 years ago now when not many people had done it... if I had to do it again today... 6.2L short block (all forged internals for like $4500) and cap it off with some ported heads, and a modman EFI intake - use an MSIII to control it and back it up with a Viper spec T-56...

Right now I just have a stock 6.1L with the MSIII and T-56... but short blocks are cheap and I may be going boost in the future if my career plans work out in the next 6 months or so.
      1966 Chevrolet Chevelle 300 Deluxe 350 / 350 auto

1968 Dodge Charger SRT8 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed

1964 Dodge Polara 8-71 Blown 440 / 4-speed

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.4L / 5-speed

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed

Quote Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda View Post
      This and part of the reason they cost so much is because fewer were built. About 305,000 Barracuda/Cudas from 1970-1974, there were about 567,000 Camaros over the same years, which is not too far from double..
      Fact - I looked up production numbers on my Challenger... was like 27,XXX for the year... crazy low production
      1966 Chevrolet Chevelle 300 Deluxe 350 / 350 auto

1968 Dodge Charger SRT8 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed

1964 Dodge Polara 8-71 Blown 440 / 4-speed

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.4L / 5-speed

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed

Quote Originally Posted by boss351 View Post
      I am happy to inform you that I have bought a 392 hemi prepared by modern muscle extreme.. 620 hp aspired engine ;)

What are the specs on it? I would guess the cam is pretty aggressive for 620na.

The problem with Mopar is nobody seemed to like them when they were new back in the late 60s-70s hence they didn't produce a whole lot of them. Now parts are scarce, not the same level of after market support as GM and Ford and now popular...The demand is high and so is the price. IMHO a Hemi Cuda is going to be worth a ton more in Restored stock form versus Pro-Touring, but to each their own. Enjoy your car how you want to enjoy it.

I really like the 70s Cuda but will never buy one because I can get so much more in a Camaro for the same price.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

People don't modify Mopars as much because of a few factors.

They didn't survive as well as GM/Ford stuff because of rust. Assembly tolerances & coatings weren't as good as GM stuff. The E-body Challenger/Cudas were particularly bad on the QC because they were such a rush job. Fewer cars, fewer parts, higher prices on everything.

Mopars handled better than a lot of GM/Ford stuff from the factory. Of course there is room for improvement now. But it's not as big of a drawback in stock form so fewer people are motivated to make major changes.

The stupid expense & rarity has made Mopars more garage queens. People don't like to beat on their car as much when it took so much money & effort just to get one in decent shape.

The repro & modifying industries don't cater to Mopars as much because of supply & demand. Half as many buyers = twice as high prices.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedc View Post
      People don't modify Mopars as much because of a few factors.

They didn't survive as well as GM/Ford stuff because of rust. Assembly tolerances & coatings weren't as good as GM stuff. The E-body Challenger/Cudas were particularly bad on the QC because they were such a rush job. Fewer cars, fewer parts, higher prices on everything.

Mopars handled better than a lot of GM/Ford stuff from the factory. Of course there is room for improvement now. But it's not as big of a drawback in stock form so fewer people are motivated to make major changes.

The stupid expense & rarity has made Mopars more garage queens. People don't like to beat on their car as much when it took so much money & effort just to get one in decent shape.

The repro & modifying industries don't cater to Mopars as much because of supply & demand. Half as many buyers = twice as high prices.

This is correct.

I drive the snot out of my Charger, and have modded it to a "Mopar Purist Hating" level.

But in the back of my head, I know that if I kiss a wall in it, I probably can't fix it in this day of Mopar expense. If I pile the truck in, I can find another one for sheet metal every 4 miles out here in farm land. But I will say.... The Charger gets a lot of attention.

Honestly, the Modern Hemi is the best thing to happen to Mopar lovers in the last 10 years. If I could do it again, I would have gone G3 instead of dumping the money and time into the 440 and EFI.

Yes, Mopars are expensive to build, and parts are hard to find, but if you want to stand out from the crowd, it's the way to go...

Quote Originally Posted by redmist View Post

Honestly, the Modern Hemi is the best thing to happen to Mopar lovers in the last 10 years. If I could do it again, I would have gone G3 instead of dumping the money and time into the 440 and EFI.]
      That is on gorgeous 440 though.

TonyC@HP2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com