Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Try the mount billet from Speedway I went to it to clear my 600 series steering box with Hooker rear bias engine mounts.

Looks great. I like the idea of using the Olds Rocket valve covers for coil covers.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

Hey nice build and great work on the frame! I've been eyeing that same frame kit for a while. Looks like your engine is up high enough that it won't contact the tie rods like mine. I came to the same conclusion as you as far as getting gears and posi. in fact I just installed a fab 9 with the Truetrac with some 4:56's(rear tires are 29.5'' so the gears aren't as ridiculous as it seems at first ). Only had a few weeks of drive time before it snowed, but I really liked the new posi. I was going to suggest the hellwig rear adjsutable sway bar, but it looks like you got the QA1's already bolted up-I'm sure it will stiffen it up nicely.

I'm running the "GM metric Calipers(78 Cadillac) on the rear but I'm interested in the 98 fbody setup your doing. post a pic if you get a chance and good luck with the rest of the build!

Project Picture Updates

As everyone knows life gets busy, so no time to update build progress for the past few weeks. Here are some pictures to update my slow progress. Got front end complete minus steering linkages. Still painting the moog parts. Installed 9" true trac and need to press bearings on axles and bolt those in and chassis will be a roller. Ordered the vintage air and ls truck AC low mount bracket. Hoping to have body on in a few weeks and then I'll install the Fitech Ultimate LS setup. Don't want to risk hitting it lowering body on. Got my Speedhut gages but waiting on vintage air to come in before tearing the dash down.
      Attached Images Attached Images            

Slow progress is progress

A little progress. Finally got a rolling chassis. Need to get moving if I'm going to make a few legs of the Hot Rod power tour in June. That's the plan anyway.

A little progress, but not much

Got steering linkage installed and pretty much everything but brake lines ran and I'll be ready to put the body on frame. Need to finish the magna flow SS exhaust system at least to mufflers. Will clean and degrease bottom of car and spray with raptor liner bed liner coating. Going to have to swap water pump out for a 98-02 Camaro pump and spacers or an L98 truck pump with the angled neck. Current setup is hitting throttle linkage. I hear the L98 pump will work without spacers. We'll see.

A little progress...

Slow progress of late so nothing new to post until a few days ago. Got the body on frame and working on fuel tank, exhaust, trans plumbing, vintage air install, speedhut gauges etc. Not much to show, but here are a few pictures. Looking to run some spacers on front wheel setup to move them out some. Not totally satisfied with tire size. Ride height has not been adjusted any. QA1's are set about 1 1/2" from bottom on threads. I'll get it running and drivable and play with wheel tire combo. May try the 9.5" rears on front then go 10 or 11 on back. Looks like room.

Update on build

Got Speedhut gauges installed. Used 4" revolution series with black bezel. Very easy swap over using all the factory gauges mounting housings and hardware. Looks factory. Also getting vintage air setup. Finishing up cowl rust repair. Car is very solid with no rust through in pans, but lower windshield was a mess but new metal got it all. Hoping to take a ride in 3-4 weeks.

Some Progress

Got dash rust completed and dash installed. Did dash pad black with SEM landau black paint as I'll, in time, change interior color to black with new door panels, seats covers etc. Dash top is wrinkle finish. I want the inside fairly nice, but will still keep the original patina. Wired up Fitech setup and have car running. Did a few test rides around the block. Strong for a stock 5.3. Likely in the 320HP range with better exhaust and Fitech setup. Did lose over 2000 pounds verses the donor Avalanche. Sounds very mild with Hooker cast manifolds and 2 1/2" magna flow exhaust, but that's what I was after. Still a lot to do, but it's at least running. For now I'll get it all finished up with willow gold interior and put some miles on it and change interior along the way.

I wish the original owner never painted my Cutlass....����*♂️

Wow, you are doing a great job with this car! Can't wait to see it all back together.

If you ditch that intake and use a ls6 I take, you'll pick up 30-40lb/ft.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Nice Torque Increase

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      If you ditch that intake and use a ls6 I take, you'll pick up 30-40lb/ft.

Andrew
      That's a pretty nice gain. Are there any dyno numbers out there where folks tested intakes against other setups? I see that Fitech actually has a new composite intake that looks like the GM LS ones. Even got the name "torque" in the kit. Thanks for the info. BTW, Nice rides you got there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tims68Olds View Post
      That's a pretty nice gain. Are there any dyno numbers out there where folks tested intakes against other setups? I see that Fitech actually has a new composite intake that looks like the GM LS ones. Even got the name "torque" in the kit. Thanks for the info. BTW, Nice rides you got there.
      I think one of the magazines (maybe Car Craft) did a big manifold dyno shoot out. I am sure you can find it with some Google searching. Thank you for the compliment. My Cougar would gain torque with a different intake, but #vanity...

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Found that article on Super Chevy. Tested several intake setups on a 6.0 with mild cam. Their results on LS6 versus the sheet metal intake. LS6 Peak HP/TQ 557/483 Average HP/TQ 432/451. Sheet Metal Intake Peak HP/TQ 587/470 Average HP/TQ 425/443. Average HP/TQ difference 7/9.

Getting Closer

Not much to post. Quick side shot showing stance. Need to cut excess pipe off and get the exhaust tips installed. SS with slant cut.

No real updates on Cutlass

No real updates. Slow progress of late. Have been driving car around locally to put some miles on it. Everything seems to be doing well. Fitech setup is working well. Continuing to tweak a few things. Car handles well. Still working on interior. Ordering Scat ProCar Rally Seats for the front and will just cover back to match.

The car turned out great! I love the stance, please post more pictures when you get a chance.

Country Flag: Canada
      I noticed you are running a manual steering box and I've been wanting to do the same. What box are you using and how do you find it's working with your current set up?
      72 firebird , SD performance 464" 455,KRE D ports, EZ EFI,Dougs 1 3/4,3.5" custom oval exhaust,TKO600,Kore 3 C5/C6,DSE subframes,Full cage by Radical Rides(Thanks Dave,Johnny,Campbell,Bill,Lee and Gabby!!)

Awesome build! Thanks for sharing the progress and details along the way. I noticed we have similar style wheels and same tires. The tires actually aren't bad ;)

Are you going to HRPT in 2019? Would love to meet up and check out the ride in person!
      1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass S

http://fivelugs.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com