Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

McCleod RXT vs Centerforce DYAD

I have a 67 Camaro with LSX 454 and T56. I need a new clutch and have narrowed it down between a McCleod RXT and Centerforce DYAD and wanted to ask for owners to chime in on chatter, noise at idle, and engagement (progressive or on/off). I expect a aftermarket twin to make some noise I'm just looking for minimal noise and a progressive engagement.
      Thanks!

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by KB Camaro View Post
      I have a 67 Camaro with LSX 454 and T56. I need a new clutch and have narrowed it down between a McCleod RXT and Centerforce DYAD and wanted to ask for owners to chime in on chatter, noise at idle, and engagement (progressive or on/off). I expect a aftermarket twin to make some noise I'm just looking for minimal noise and a progressive engagement.
      Thanks!
      I am using a McLeod RST twin disk behind a Lingenfelter SBC 427 with 646 HP at the McLeod Aluminum flywheel. There is no chatter or other noises and the engagement is just like a stock clutch. The difference between the RST and the RXT is the horsepower ratings.

I have used the McLeod clutches for many years and are totally satisfied with the function, quality, and longevity.
      --
      Kenny Mitchell
      [email protected]

I have used McLeod Street Twins very successfully. They take a lot of abuse and drive nicely.

Thanks for the feedback. I ordered the McCleod

Quote Originally Posted by KB Camaro View Post
      Thanks for the feedback. I ordered the McCleod

I have the twin RXT as well. I highly suggest buying their flywheel and NOT use their adapter ring. There flywheel is drilled for studs to fit their pressure plate

Attached Images Attached Images  
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com