Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Does anybody have pics of POR-15 on a frame or undercarriage?

Hello everybody, I'm new to the site. I just purchased a 67 Chevelle 2 door Malibu. It is in pretty good shape but I still want to do a frame off resteration to make a show car out of it. I have been researching several types of coatings to cover the undercarriage and frame with. One of them that I hear a lot about is the POR-15. I got on there web site and it said that you brush this stuff on. Is this true? Can you get a spray on applicatiion? Does anyone have any pics of the POR-15 applied? I am just trying to do all of my research before I jump into this project.

Thanks,

Justin

Not a frame but...

Justin, welcome aboard. Although I don't have any pics of POR15 on my frame I do have this one of the inside of the sail panel area. It went on really easy with a brush, and by the time it had dried all the brush marks were gone. I believe there is a less glossy version available. Be warned, however, that whatever this stuff touches is NFG after. Paint brush, clothes, skin...everything. Damn tough though. I applied it to freshly sandblasted metal.

Chill, Noel.
      Noel Johnson

Project: Shock and Awe

You can't stop here, this is bat country!

Check out this thread: http://66.70.234.198/forum/showthread.php?t=1268&page=1

12th post... Keith's Chevelle frame after media blasting, then post-POR15'ing.
      Doug
      67 Camaro - Project: Retribution

"Honda: The most efficient means of converting gasoline into noise without the side effect of horsepower."

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com