Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Ridetech vs chassisworks vs Detroit speed

I know these guys are the goto guys for suspension. I'm looking for a good rear 4 link set up and most important is the ride height and drivability.. it's going in a 67' firebird with a ls2 and a magnum t56 want to run 20x11's in the rear and 19x9's up font.. can you guys share your experiences with anyone of these guys and pictures.. I've looked all over the internet bit a lot of them are on a site that won't describe the suspension specs or it's just a picture.. looking for low ride hieght with some meats in the back 335 if possible and tucked in the wheel wells or atleast not have a big gap.. thanks for the help

You are going to have to minitub it to fit 335 tires. Check out the Speedtech torque arm for an easier install than Detroit Speed.

275 is pretty much max without minitubs.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

A 335 and a 20" tire is pretty big. You need to go to more car shows and you will see most are running 18s and 19s on the rear. I'm running 18x11 on a 315. You also need to think about tire availability. When I was first building my car I wanted a 18x12 on a 335/30/18. Now those tires are hard to find and my 315s look damn big. Go with a 325/30/19 rear tire on a 18x11.5 and your tire options will be great and the tires are alot cheaper.

Do you plan on running tail pipes? ridetech setup is a pita to get rear pipes over. Dse are easier. Look into a dynamax muscle max exhaust. Fit is great and the rear pipes fit by cutting them 3 times and clocking them.

I has afco coilovers on my ride first and switched to ridetech on the rear. It made a big difference. Great quality coilover. I switched my fronts to jri and omg they are amazing. Go with a 18x9 up front and run a 255/40/18 or if you can a 18x9.5 and run a 275/35/18.

How much money are you looking to spend?

Based on what I have seen, don't plan on 335s on a 67 F-body with mini-tubs alone. If it's the ride Tech system I'm thinking of you cant get big tires in there anyways because the system uses the stock leaf spring mounts. The DSE kit actually relocates the suspension inward to complement tubs and big tires. It also has adjustable links and panhard bar. Any set-up with coil overs will give you ride height adjustability. I have not seen really any cars with Chassis works suspension. The choice was easy for me...go to the Aurocross and see what people are running. A lot are Detroit Speed....which cars are usually winning...Detroit Speed cars. Didn't Kyle and Stacy work as GM engineers?
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

The dse quadralink is a very extensive install. The ridetech and g-link are very similar to install. If your going to track your car I would go dse or speedtech. Not saying you can’t track the others but there’s a reason why all the top cars are running dse and speedtech. Me personally I’m buying the ridetech 4 link and running 275s on all four corners. I don’t want to cut up my car so the RideTech is the best option for me. I like to look at install instructions to get an idea of what you can do.

Thanks for the feedback guys.. so I'm overall going to use it for car shows and cruising with my kids.. maybe track it every here and there.. I saw a camaro awhile ago on 335's and had the tires tucked with some 20 inch wheels and from there I've always wanted that look but maybe you guys are right about the 335's i would be happy with a 315 maybe a 325 of possible I just don't want the car to sit high.. I haven't thought about speedtech I'll be looking into there kit.. will any of these manufacturers have a Black Friday sale

Also I do have DSE mini tubs installed already now just looking for rear suspension to keep the build going

I'm running 18x12 335s on the rear with DSE mini-tubs, a Chassisworks G-Link and 9" Moser floating hub rear end. This suspension works well now but the shocks that were supplied with the suspension package were too long for a proper low ride height. After swapping out the shocks to a 4" stroke Afco I have not had any further suspension problems. There is nothing wrong with the G-link suspension, they just supply the wrong shocks with the kit.

Name:  img_7018.jpg
Views: 4770
Size:  486.4 KB
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Quote Originally Posted by FRISCOSIK7 View Post
      I know these guys are the goto guys for suspension. I'm looking for a good rear 4 link set up and most important is the ride height and drivability.. it's going in a 67' firebird with a ls2 and a magnum t56 want to run 20x11's in the rear and 19x9's up font.. can you guys share your experiences with anyone of these guys and pictures.. I've looked all over the internet bit a lot of them are on a site that won't describe the suspension specs or it's just a picture.. looking for low ride hieght with some meats in the back 335 if possible and tucked in the wheel wells or atleast not have a big gap.. thanks for the help
      The ridetech and chassisworks are easiest to install with the least amount of work, those two have history together and that's why chassisworks parts look like ridetechs stuff, the DSE requires more fab work and time, 335 willfit any of the rears but you will have to Minitub, more fab time, the tubs are cheap at about 300 bucks or so but plan like 40 hours install cost at a shop (roughly $1500) any other questions give me a shout I often have sales on parts at different times of the year,

I'd personally recommend either the ridetech or the DSE. Chassisworks is a hurendously bad company to deal with should you encounter a problem.
      1968 Restomod FireBird • Twin Borg Warner EFR Turbocharged LS3 • T56 Magnum • Ford 9”• Modern Sub-Frame & Suspension • C7 Seats • 24 Pistons • Forgelines

easier question.....Blonde, Brunette or Redhead ?????
      Chris Luxford

68 Camaro 632 BBC

61 Buick Lesabre - Daily Driver

06 Prius - Wife's a tree hugger !

Quote Originally Posted by cluxford View Post
      easier question.....Blonde, Brunette or Redhead ?????

Yes

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com