Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Hooker LS swap parts with Doug's Headers?

Getting ready to start work on my 69 Camaro this winter that I've been accumulating parts for over the last couple of years. I previously picked up a set of Doug's Headers before the Holley/Hooker LS swap system came out. Seeing how well that system works has got me thinking that it is the way to go but am wondering if I could use the Doug's headers I already have to save a few bucks? Has anyone tried that parts combo? Rest of the front is stock subframe with full ridetech/Tru-Turn and a DSE steering box. Engine/trans is LS6 and T56. Thanks!

Bone stock 69 Camaro - Pro-Touring project in waiting
      68 C10 cruiser

I doubt they will fit, and if they do, will probably hang down too low. I'm running Doug's on a friend's build(not with the new holley mounts), and they are interfering with the upper control arm on the pass side. I'm very limited how much camber I can run due to the interference. I will either have to dimple them or change them.
      Scott

Thanks for the reply - I've seen a few people have the Doug's fit well but the Holley system works so well together I'll just go with that. The Doug's headers will be in the parts forum soon.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com