Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Digi-Tails acting strange.

I normally store the car with the battery disconnected so the entire system is powered off. Recently, I was working on something and had the battery switched on. I happened to walk around the back of the car and noticed my Digi-tails brake lights were on. My first thought was I have a bad brake light switch and didn't give it much more thought. I worked the brake pedal a couple of times and the lights went out. Later I walked around the car again and this time the Digi-tails were flashing a random sequence which was really odd. I pressed the brake pedal again and again the lights went out but now I'm wondering if there is problem not with the switch but maybe the controller in the Digi-tails tail light assembly. Has anyone heard of any problems with Digi-tail tail lights? I have reached out to Digi-tails but have not yet heard back from them. Any thoughts?
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Country Flag: United States
      No issues here at all.

Country Flag: Turkey
      Quote Originally Posted by TheJDMan View Post
      I normally store the car with the battery disconnected so the entire system is powered off. Recently, I was working on something and had the battery switched on. I happened to walk around the back of the car and noticed my Digi-tails brake lights were on. My first thought was I have a bad brake light switch and didn't give it much more thought. I worked the brake pedal a couple of times and the lights went out. Later I walked around the car again and this time the Digi-tails were flashing a random sequence which was really odd. I pressed the brake pedal again and again the lights went out but now I'm wondering if there is problem not with the switch but maybe the controller in the Digi-tails tail light assembly. Has anyone heard of any problems with Digi-tail tail lights? I have reached out to Digi-tails but have not yet heard back from them. Any thoughts?
      I have the same thing! The car sits under a cover and at night i realized that a row of leds were lighted up. Disconnected the battery, then reconnected but they were still on. Then after a few wiggling with the wires, the leds went off. Should be a leak somewhere i guess. My body wiring is real crappy and i totally put the blame on it. I don’t think that your wiring is as crappy as mine but maybe you should check around lights too.
      Being handsome is only skin deep. But Badass goes to the bone.
      Mert Celet

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com