Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
      Country Flag: United States
      A lot of you guys can't complain about parts availability or prices, even the Ford and Mopar guys have it easier. Try building a Buick Sportwagon with a Buick motor. Grant it the suspension is just all A body. try finding replacement sheet metal or inexpensive quality performance parts for a Buick.
      Most of is the Barrett/Jackson mentality some joker sees a pristine car like the one sitting in their back yard go for 50-100+ K and they think the rusted POS they have is worth at least half that when in reality it is worth 1/64 that. I have seen people wanting 10K for a mangled wreck.
      While Camaros are OK but at any PT event most are first gen F-bodys. And a lot of them are the same. You can only do so much with a F body, and that point is not far off or reached. IMHO, I look at a lot of the 69 Camaros and say, yeah it is cool, has some neat touches or innovations but it is just a 69 Camaro to me. Almost cookie cutter cars, Forgeline wheels, LS swap, HP suspension, Flowmaster exhaust, Etc. I appreciate a well built car just like everyone else.

Tim
      1971 Buick Sportwagon pro-touring project.
      1985 Ford Crown Victoria 2 door next project.

Quote Originally Posted by theturboman2010 View Post
      Just saying in the for-sale ad it says 1600 hours of fab work,so at $75.00 per hour that's $120,000 right!! Plus it says over $30,000 in body work. So why sell it for only 43k? Shouldn't they be starting at like 150k? That's what they would charge you if you brought them a car to build right? Doesn't really make sense to me.
      Because you can't sell a Project Car like a Finished Car. Richard Rollins 101

This is a can of worms if I ever saw one...

Go here.....https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-%96-Frame-Off

Here is a rough estimate of what I have in the car...
      22K for the car - Running and driving
      1.5K to have it transported here from Calif
      14K to have it stripped and painted – Absolutely rust free car
      13K for the chassis and transportation here - Biggest piece of crap ever - Fix everything to make it fit.
      4K for the brand new 383 Engine from Jegs
      2.5K for the brand new transmission from Rich (Det Gearbox)
      1K for the custom fuel tank
      2.5K for the brakes and rotors
      22.5K for the 9" aluminum center section, Tru Trac and 3.77 polished gear
      3.8K for wheels and shipping
      1K for tires
      .6K for AMK Bolts
      .7K for Ididit column, "U" joints and shaft
      3.2K for headers, mufflers, exhaust system and powder coating.
      1K for interior parts - Carpeting, converting gages and clock refurbishment
      2.5K for additional outside labor
      .4K for Driveshaft

74K+ off the top of my head. Plus a lot of other misc things like powdercoating, fuel lines, belts, pulleys, transport to and from the body shop and header guy and I am sure you know what I am talking about...Everything is brand new..Plus, lots and lots of hours, mostly done by me, which most can never charge for, of course.

Just my .02....grr

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com