Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

69 Camaro, 4 wheel disc brakes recommendation

I have a 69 Camaro that I plan on going with ridetech suspension and coilovers, the car will be a driver, not a track car, what would be the best route to go for 4 wheel disc brakes to get a good system and not break the bank in cost? Thanks

Country Flag: Canada
      I went with Kore3.com. I’m using their Z06 big brake kit and a Hydratech hydraboost system. I’m still in the mock up stage but so far everything fits and works as designed and the 2 minor issues I did have were handled quickly by Tobin with a couple emails. They have several kits to chose from based on your budget and intended use. Excellent customer support.

Budget is everything. Plenty of choices at every price point so the question becomes, what does budget mean to you?

What features do you consider a must? Aluminum calipers? 2 piece floating rotors? Better heat capacity than stock (resistance to fade)? Lighter than stock?

Some kits might have a slightly higher entry cost, but then don't require much maintenance or consumables, while others might be cheaper to get into, but then you'll be buying rotors and pads, bleeding more often, or dealing with noise. Since you are going with ridetech for suspension, I would think you are aiming for the higher quality parts on this build.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com