Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

For sale 1971 Corvette convertible LS1/4L60E

Time to move on to a new project so the Corvette is up for sale.

1971 Corvette with a LS1/4L60E swap. Previous owner did a cosmetic restoration. New paint and partial interior. Was originally Brands Hatch green. PO painted it Dodge truck color metallic green. I had many positive comments. it has a few flaws. About a 7 out of 10. PO installed new front and rear bumpers. New front windshield. Side glass appears to be original with "Astro Ventalation" stickers. PO replaced the dash pad door panels. PO replaced the top and it's in nice shape.

I did the following:

1. GM crate LS1 from Pace Performance.
      2. Rebuilt 4L60E by Jake's in Texas. 2220 stall converter. Large external cooler in front of the radiator.
      3. LS6 intake. New injectors. Coated mid-length headers.
      4. Fbody accessories. All new or rebuilt.
      5. All front end components. Tie rods, ball joints, a-arm bushings, sway bar bushings. Spreader bar.
      6. New drive shaft.
      7. New u-joints thru out.
      8. 2.5" mandrel bend exhaust with Dyno Max turbo mufflers.
      9. Shift Works shifter conversion for the 4L60E.
      10. Smaller diameter steering wheel. Stock one included.
      11. Rebuilt posi rear end. 3:70 gears. New side yokes.
      12. New offset trailing arms.
      13. New rear bearings.
      14. New parking brakes.
      15. New gas tank and sender. C5 FPR. Bosch 044 external fuel pump. -6 line from the tank to the fuel rail.
      16. Al new Auto Meter gauges. Sport Comp speedo, tach, volt, oil pressure, gas and temp.
      17. New carpet. Front is nice. The rear compartment carpet could be installed better. Dyna Mat type insulation under the carpet.
      18. New seat covers.
      19. Borgesen steering box conversion.
      20. 18" Torque Thrust wheels all around. Nitto 225 rear and 245 front.
      21. New door and top weather strips.
      22. Rebuilt calipers all around. New stainless flex lines. New stainless hard lines. New rotors and brake pads.
      23. I cleaned the entire bottom of the car. Painted it with Eastwood chassis black. Frame is nice. Some scale but it cleaned up nicely.
      24. New Dual pass radiator with a 16" Spal fan.
      25. Miata motor head light conversion.

The side glass needs adjustment to the top. Again a few flaws in the paint. I have the exact paint and paint number if needed. Door courtesy switches don't work. Will come on with the head light switch. I've had the kick panels off and the pillars look good.

I have all receipts.

The car drives very nice. No weird squeaks or rattles. Hand the keys to anyone. Price is $28,000. My cell is 320 266 7531. Call or PM with any questions.

Pics to follow.

I've struggled to post pics. I will get it done. In the mean time pics are on Lateral G Net.

After the fall colors review trip today the Corvette is off the market. My new project will have to wait.

So after the best fall cruise with the 71 vert I've ever had the Corvette is back up for sale. See above details for details.

It's still for sale. to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Brink View Post
      I've struggled to post pics. I will get it done. In the mean time pics are on Lateral G Net.
      Where? I checked the "for sale" forum and did not see the car. I can't search there as I am not a member.
      The difference between an environmentalist and a developer is that a developer wants to build a house in the woods, an environmentalist already has one.

Sorry about that. Go to Corvette forums. Or PM me with your email and I can send all kinds of pics.

Country Flag: United States
      Man.. I like this thing.
      John Brown
      1971 Nova - Project Car
      1990 Silverado - Ridetech StreetGRIP
      Instagram @wilwaxu
      Facebook @wilwaxu

So I was a bit nervous but my slow replies were due to pheasant hunting, goose and duck hunting and the last 9 days were deer hunting in MN.

Good success across the board.

The 71 is still for sale.

Regards,

Country Flag: Japan
      Photo please!

I truly don't why I can't post photos but if someone can help I'd happy to send pics to whomever can post them for me. Please PM me. Thanks in advance.

What's the next project Jim?

Jim is a great guy to deal with and represents his cars very well. I can say that have been more than happy with the Chevy ll that i bought from him and anyone looking at this car will be pleased as too.
      I am still kicking myself for not buying that Camaro!!!!! Good luck with this sale Jim.

can you send pic's to [email protected] Thanks

Tony

Thanks for the kind words and help with the pics. I will send them shortly.

Current project is a 68 C10. It will have a L92 dressed to look like a LS3. T56 trans. Hope to have it painted by end of Jan 2018. The body shop is "letting" me do all the block sanding. It's so much fun.

I know it will look great when you get done. Can't wait to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Brink View Post
      I truly don't why I can't post photos but if someone can help I'd happy to send pics to whomever can post them for me. Please PM me. Thanks in advance.
      imgur

Car is sold. Thanks for all the kind words and help.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com