Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Donny, We will have to agree to disagree I believe on some of this.

As far as adjusting air pressure to turn the car, it is not the "right" way to do it. But, when you are at a race and that is all that is left that can be changed I will take corner speed over maximum acceleration every time.

On the sway bars. That one has been argued out plenty of times already, IE soft springs & heavy bars or heavy springs & soft bars. Pick your poison, lots of fast cars out there with each setup. For track cars I like heavy springs for street cars I typically use softer springs with heavier bars.

OP, I agree with Donny. You need to drive the car more and maybe have someone more experienced make a couple laps and give some insight.
      There are lots of variables that can be manipulated to get a car to run fast. Most guys though are not going to go changing pick-up points, track widths or even get a square tire setup. This leaves us for the most part with tires, springs, bars, shock/springs & alignment. I have been fortunate enough to get to drive quite a few cars for different owners. I have driven cars that handle fantastic and then got into one that felt like it was just going to roll over. Lap times were barely different. If you can get the car balanced you can make it go fast with seat time.

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by dontlifttoshift View Post
      This past weekend was your second autox?

Seat time. Don't spend any money on anything that doesn't involve you sitting in the seat and driving the car.
      Yes. Maybe my 6th or 7th lap

Man I don't know if it was the coilovers going from a afco non adjustable to a jri single adjustable or going to a 550lb spring from a 450lb but man the car handles even better. It absolutely plants the wheels going around a sharp turn and grips like no other.

On my wife's 1st gen with DSE sub and q-link. JRI doubles, 650# front, 450#rear, 1.250 rear bar on the softest setting, 275/335 Rival S.
      She can hang with some pretty fast drivers and cars if she keeps her head in it.
      If your subframe is older, DSE has upgraded upper control arms that allow more caster and have slightly more camber built in.

I have the front coilovers turn to full stiff and back 18 clicks. What would be a good driving setting? How do I know I need to add more front stiffness vs soften?

Seems the recommended DSE setting is 15 clicks according to my subframe instructions.

I usually tell people to set it all the way one way & drive it. Then set it all the way the other way & drive it. Then you get a feel for what the two extremes feel like and can better work your way in.

Hopefully you can view it

Started around 32 psi in the tires and cruise shock settings. Then went to 2 more click on the front harder and cut some time down, after that 2 more clicks hard on the rear and cut the time down. Lowered to 28psi and cut the time down. Best time was a 48.2 and my last lap which I know was faster didn't record my time. Felt it was a solid high 47 run. Not bad for street tires and a car that can be daily driven if need be.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...66&id=48502792

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...16&id=48502792

Going to be visiting this thread again this year.
      New tsp cam and mods allow the car to make more power the entire curve and pull plenty strong up to 7k. I will be doing plenty of autocross runs before July since there will be a few of us driving up to pikes peak international to run at optima. Ordering gps unit and waiting for the new pro feature to be released on hontuners this month combined with track addict to record the progress. Now I just need to find more practice areas.

Lookin' good in those videos...

Quarts 818x, hp tuners mpvi2, added with my go pro this year should make some cool videos. This year I will be much more competitive since I have more seat time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com