Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

T56 Super magnum purchase

Looking to pull the trigger on a T56 for my 67 Nova. Are there any deals out there? Thx

Jlo. Good Luck. I was hoping to get some insite as well from my post in regards to the "NEW" "SUPEr" magnum as well, but didn't get much feedback from any of the big Tremec Distributors on the forum... I don't think it's a secret that everyone sells the t56 magnum for exactly 3,050... Now that the transmission has gone all "Super" on us, we will expect the price that will be set by Tremec to be even higher once all the Not So Super Magnums have been sold.... Or maybe they will start discounting the Not So Super Tremecs since everybody will be wanting to pay about 800 bucks more than the plain ole Magnum... Oh and gm says the Msrp for this trans is 4686.00. Still want to know what the differences are between the Magnum and the Super Magnum, besides the 40 tooth reluctor ring.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSleeperII View Post
      ....Still want to know what the differences are between the Magnum and the Super Magnum, besides the 40 tooth reluctor ring.
      That's it...

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

And the super magnum comes with a shift handle & ball.

Shoot me an email for price on both magnum & super magnum.

Dale at schwartzperformance dot com
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Country Flag: Canada
      Just post us your prices
      So all can see
      1971 chevelle LSA 700hp -

Dale,
      So the 4686.00 is MSRP on the new Super Mag. Is this a way for retailers to have some wiggle room on the magnums? Or when the dust settles, are we all going to be paying 4686 for a magnum here soon. Just trying to understand what we are in store for here.

i would also like a price on the Not So Super close ratio. I am good on the 800 dollar shift lever and ball.

Thanks

The Super Magnum is sold by Chevrolet Performance. Chevrolet wants to take their cut and allow their dealers to take a cut. The regular Magnum is sold through the regular Tremec dealer network. So aside from the modifications that Chevrolet Performance has done to their version, there is also an extra layer of distribution involved.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

It's already been said, but I'll further reinforce the fact that the "Super Magnum" is not any better than a regular "Magnum" It's just what GM performance calls it. But it really is the exact same transmission other than the GM specific VSS output for the connect and cruise module.

visit us on the web at www.bowlertransmissions.com

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com