Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Muffler for 350

Muffler for 350

I've been doing some reading and youtube surfing to find a muffler that I can add onto a 2.5 inch exhaust system for my 1970 Skylark 350. Lots of the sound clips on youtube are of engines that are bored, stroked, or are 454 cubes and higher which makes it hard for me to pick a muffler for my stock engine.

The best I can do is narrow it down to exhaust tone. I dont like anything that sounds like a tin can rattle, nor anything thats obnoxiously loud and raspy.

Is there any muffler that will give a deep sound while at the same time being loud enough to make its presence known?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n05Ux8FKUSQ

The Charger in the video probably has a high displacement engine which makes it sound mean, but the exhaust tone is just what I'm looking for! If anyone knows what kind of mufflers give this sound just like in the video, please let me know! Or if anyone can pinpoint this to design such as :straight thru or chambered that will help as well.

Country Flag: Canada
      Well first the audio in that clip is crap. Having said that check out flowmasters
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Country Flag: United States
      I had Hooker AeroChamber mufflers on my bone stock 1970 Oldsmobile 350 years ago, and it sounded great. Mellow at cruise, decent idle (for a stock cam) and sounded healthy while revving and under load.

I now have them on my built 350, and they sound very tough. I'm a big fan of AeroChambers.

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com