Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Corvette C6 Gauge Cluster

I have an 1981 corvette project Im just getting started. SRIII frame, 2001 LS1 and T56, and the intention is to do a full custom modern interior as well. I bought a Corvette C6 gauge cluster which I would I would love to adapt to my setup.

Ive done a fair amount of searching, but not seeing much out there on C6 gauge swaps. My LS1 I got from a 2001 camaro, and I have everything including the PCM.

Anyone done something similar that could point me in the right direction?

Are their hardware converters out there that can adapt these together?

Country Flag: Canada
      I'm thinking you need those gauges to interact with a bcm which your car obviously doesn't have ,not sure how you can make it work
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Country Flag: United States
      search for canbus hacking . there are plenty of example that deal with hacking gauge clusters

Quote Originally Posted by chickn View Post
      search for canbus hacking . there are plenty of example that deal with hacking gauge clusters
      Thank you Chickn! Thats opening a whole new world of research now.

I found a guy on youtube that modified a C6 cluster on an 81 oddly enough and got it working. His explanation on how he did it was a little vague. His method as he explained it was 'designed a custom circuit board using PCB123, and a Parallax Stamp to drive the C6 gauges'

Fuel level is an issue, c6 pcm uses sending units in both tanks to calculate fuel level and send it on the bus to the cluster

Quote Originally Posted by 12sec ss View Post
      Fuel level is an issue, c6 pcm uses sending units in both tanks to calculate fuel level and send it on the bus to the cluster
      There must be a way I can translate what I have from my sending unit to the gauges expected signal. Looking forward to getting back to this.

A friend suggested I try this with an Arduino microprocessor and write some basic code that translates the incoming signals from my PCM, sending unit and other sensors to an output the gauge cluster is expecting. Sounds like a good experiment.

Corvette C6 Gauge Cluster

Subscribed....

Country Flag: United States
      Writing the arduino code is not that difficult. I did something similar to what you want to do. I took the data from my data acquisition system on my sbc and piped it over (using rs232) to a arduino mega with a seedstudio canbus shield. The mega takes the data and creates the canbus packets. These packets are are shipped out the canbus to a elm327 odb-ii bluetooth converter. Then I can view the data on my phone using any obd-ii app.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com