Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

Greetings from Hospital Room 514

I went into the Hospital this morning for a Full Knee Replacement on my left leg. I've had NINEprevious surgeries on this knee and my car accident 3 months ago was the end of the line. No problems, I haven't even taken any Pain Meds and it has been 13 Hours since the surgery.

I'm (was) a Runner, so I have to take up something else - how about MMA? lol

I survived Hurricane Irma with minimal damage, just No Power at home for the last 75 Hours - Tampa Electric said everyone will have power by Saturday - my friend Bob in the Keys said it will be a month down there! My Camaro is fine at the Shop in Sarasota and I sold my Porsche last week (the Transporter picked it up 8 days ao) so I'm good on cars. Except all my cars are Sticks and I won't be able to use a Clutch for a month!

T.C.

Since I will be out of the Office (No Power there either, building is OK though)) for a couple of weeks, if anyone needs anything, pm me for my Coupon Code (I work on Commission).

T.C.

Please let me know if there's anything you need help with T.C.! You're just a short drive away...
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird
      Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR Performance, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST

Glad to hear you're OK T.C. Take care !

Ouch, good luck and take care!

At my old age of 31, and being 260lbs... my knees are definitely something I'm starting to pay attention to. I've realized I should cut back on my desire to add more miles to my running, so I'm instead biking, and burning calories other ways.

Though stupid me, I'm still able to mildly tweak my knee this morning... bench pressing. Lifting 2 125 lb dumbbells from a seated position at once... yeah, next time I'll take 2 trips and carry them one at a time.
      Josh Campbell- Pushing the limits of my HOA since 2011
      71 Firebird- 455, Ridetech front suspension. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...04#post1124504
      67 Camaro RS/SS clone, Speedtech front suspension, coilovers, soon to get LT1/T56.
      82 Z28- cheapie beater, soon to get a 406.
      66 Mustang coupe- 393, T-5, sold. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Coupe-GT393-C

Quote Originally Posted by OLDFLM View Post
      Please let me know if there's anything you need help with T.C.! You're just a short drive away...

working on getting the cute Anesthesiologists phone number!

Hope recovery and therapy goes well..... AND you get the # ahahaha!

Good luck on your recovery.

For the replacement hobby for running, I seconded bike riding.

In addition to the cardio benefits and less impact on your joints, I also like it because you can tinker/modify bikes. I've built a few bikes from bare frames and just spec'ed out the parts I wanted.

I am also in the processing of building my own complete bike from raw steel I got from my local metal shop. You can check out the plans here: http://www.atomiczombie.com/Warrior%...g%20Trike.aspx
      Brian

1972 C10 - 454/TH400 - Short bed conversion - https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...1972-C10-SoCal
      1970 Nova - LS Swap - https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...Cal?highlight=

I've got a nice Bike, but haven't riden it in years. I've always been a Runner. I know I'm going to start back hitting the Speed Bag & Heavy Bag

Going Home today - finally have Power at my House! Woo-Hoo

I'm at Home! It was a little Toasty after no Power for almost a week, but cooled off now.

31 Staples!

Ouch! Looks like a good spot for a future tattoo

BTW, praying for a speedy recovery for you!

Country Flag: Canada
      I swear surgeons have a competition among themselves to see who can make the biggest, ugliest, and gnarliest scar!

Ken
      If there is a hard way to do something, I'll find it!
      My other car is a Vega.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Sutton View Post
      Glad to hear you're OK T.C. Take care !
      Well Ron, I was OK until today!

I went to the Drs and got my Staples out today. I told them that I had been slightly nauseous. I was sitting talking to my Physicians Asst and told her I was Dizzy ( I attribute it to very, very little sleep, pain, could be eating a bit more and be more upright than I have been in a couple of weeks). She left for a second to get me a cup of water, left the door open and then....I knew I was going to pass out but the words would not come out. I passed out and fell out of the chair to my left. Hit my head on the floor & cabinet ( I don't need no stinking Helmet when I race). But I also hit my New knee on the floor with the weight of the other leg on top of it.

I woke up to Drs & Nurses feet and feeling sweaty. They kept me on the ground for a while to make sure my head was OK (it broke my glasses). When they got me up, the incision on my knee (that they just took the staples out of) had opened up (not an interesting site). They cleaned me up & stayed with with me.

But tomorrow I will be having another operation! 2nd in 13 days, 11th overall on this knee. They have to make sure that the new joint is OK, clean it up and stitch me back up!

Quote Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
      Well Ron, I was OK until today!

I went to the Drs and got my Staples out today. I told them that I had been slightly nauseous. I was sitting talking to my Physicians Asst and told her I was Dizzy ( I attribute it to very, very little sleep, pain, could be eating a bit more and be more upright than I have been in a couple of weeks). She left for a second to get me a cup of water, left the door open and then....I knew I was going to pass out but the words would not come out. I passed out and fell out of the chair to my left. Hit my head on the floor & cabinet ( I don't need no stinking Helmet when I race). But I also hit my New knee on the floor with the weight of the other leg on top of it.

I woke up to Drs & Nurses feet and feeling sweaty. They kept me on the ground for a while to make sure my head was OK (it broke my glasses). When they got me up, the incision on my knee (that they just took the staples out of) had opened up (not an interesting site). They cleaned me up & stayed with with me.

But tomorrow I will be having another operation! 2nd in 13 days, 11th overall on this knee. They have to make sure that the new joint is OK, clean it up and stitch me back up!
      Ouch ! Best wishes for a speedy recovery T.C.

Ouch indeed. Hopefully everything is ok.

TC sorry to hear of your troubles and wish you a speedy recovery .While I have no replaced joints I do have a few extra parts holding a leg on to my body lol.
      One thing I did learn during the process of getting back to a normal life is take the physical therapy seriously . It will make a big difference in the mobility , strength , pain and longevity of the repair in your knee .
      Mike

11th Surgery Over & I'm back home!

This is the Bruising from my fall yesterday

Last edited by BMR Sales; 09-26-2017 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
      11th Surgery Over & I'm back home!
      Take care of yourself!!! My mother had knees replacements well into her 60s and the whole time she wished she had done it sooner.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Getting better, slower than I would have liked but that 2nd Operation really set me back. I was able to go for a mile & 1/2 walk today and I'll be back to work to next week! Also got to take my 1st Shower in almost a month!

Not Pretty, but it's getting there!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com