Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: 69 Camaro glass

Country Flag: United States

69 Camaro glass

What is a good fitting and quality brand glass and where can I buy. For my 69 Camaro.

Thanks,

Jody

Pilkington Classics
      https://www.pilkington.com/en/us/aut...ngton-classics

They will do the LOF logos and everything to your specs.

I read the thread saying Pilkington Glass as a recommendation. I have priced Pilkington as well as OER, AMD, and JR Distribution glass and have found Pilkington to be the highest and AMD the lowest. I have found reasons for all to be good but want to be sure. My installer recommended purchasing from Classic Industries which is the OER glass. I do not need a proper date coded product as the car is far from stock. Can anyone give me good or bad stories regarding the door and 1/4 window glass? Thank you!

I have used AMD glass and the fit was pretty good.

Don

1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

I'm assuming the 69 firebird and camaro front/rear glass is the same but I'm not sure. In any case, I went with the Fesler flush glass and have the OEM rear glass, but unfortunately the windshield was cracked and so I bought an aftermarket OER I believe that I need to put up for sale at some point.

I don’t mean to hijack this thread, and I know it’s a few month old, but I am in the same boat here. I’m looking for glass for my pro touring 69 Camaro convertible. I was looking at the AMD stuff, but when I was google searching options I came across auto city classics (http://www.autocityclassic.com). Their prices are pretty good, I’m sure it’s produced overseas, but has anyone on here ever used it? Does it fit well? I don’t need correct date coded stuff because the car is far from being a concourse restoration. Camaro central sells it and swears they’ve sold it for years and haven’t had a single issue. I’m just trying to see if this is one of those too good to be true situations. Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Awakening an older discussion

Hi I think its proper edict to add to on older thread vs start a new one.. so here goes..
      I don't need date coded glass but do need the best fit possible.. what the latest on the vendors ?
      Much appreciated.
      From a place you will not see comes a sound you will not hear....

67 Camaro In progress

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Tap-67-camaro

Quote Originally Posted by XLexusTech View Post
      Hi I think its proper edict to add to on older thread vs start a new one.. so here goes..
      I don't need date coded glass but do need the best fit possible.. what the latest on the vendors ?
      Much appreciated.
      I researched all the suppliers a couple years ago and ended up ordering direct from Pilkington Glass. The labor involved (or time if doing it yourself), is so high that I wanted to get it right the first time. I'm sure other suppliers are fine, but Pilkington is the only US manufactured glass (from what I'm told). I did find out though that 67-69 Camaro glass is actually made in their Mexico plant. Wouldn't you know it!! Most others come from China.

Thank you

thanks.. were you able to get it shipped to you?

67 Camaro In progress

thanks.. were you able to get it shipped to you?
      Yes, they shipped it directly to me. I believe they typically ship it to one of their distribution points but in my case they didn't have everything ready to ship (back ordered a rear piece), so for waiting they shipped to my house, otherwise it was going to be an additional charge.

called them today.. they will ship to a shop not far from me..

the guy on the phone told me Summit . would be cheaper.. it was weird.. but low and behold..
      Summit = $1400.00
      Direct = $1100.00
      I just cancelled my summit order . LOL

67 Camaro In progress

called them today.. they will ship to a shop not far from me..

the guy on the phone told me Summit . would be cheaper.. it was weird.. but low and behold..
      Summit = $1400.00
      Direct = $1100.00
      I just cancelled my summit order . LOL
      Glad it worked out!!

I used Pilkington Classics for my 69. You dont have to get it date coded. IIRC, the tinted windshield was actually cheaper than clear. The sales guy asked if I wanted to pick it up and found out they were 35 mintues from me. So I got to go to the warehouse and see it etched. Guy had a little sandblaster booth set up with pictures of musclecars and rubber stencils to date code them. It was a huge place. Glass for all kinds of cars.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com