Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Holley Sniper efi

So I sent back the FAST and bought the Sniper mostly because the reviews were terrible and also tech support and customer service seems to be awful. Everybody says it way better with Holley so we'll see.
      So anybody ride using the Sniper on a track car?

robert

Iv been trying to get info and reviews on this system especially compared to the fitech system.

I just installed a Holley sniper on my car. Swapped out a 750 Vacuum secondary Quick Fuel carburetor to this. I installed new fuel lines for better flow.

It is rated at 850 CFM and supposed to support 650HP. It was easy to install took about 5 hours from start to finish. I bought the "master kit" came with fuel pump filters and hose in addition to the throttle body coolant temp sensor and Oxygen sensor.

Out of the box there were quite a few problems. The display/controller had the wrong software loaded in it. Was not the Holley Sniper software it was for a different system. The SD memory card was bad, could not read or write to it. I contacted Holley Tech support and they sent me another display unit with software loaded and it would not work either. Another bad memory card and Now it would not recognize the ECU in the throttle body.

Holley Tech support told me I would have to send it to them for repair. I boxed it up and took it back to Summit and they swapped it out for new one.

This one worked better but still could not read or write to the memory card. So it would not let me upload the preliminary tune. I had a SD memory card so I downloaded the files and moved them around until the unit would read them. Not sure exactly what the problem was but there seems to have been several. I have since seen a couple other people report the same problems on the holley forum.

With that said I am pretty happy with it now that I have it up and running. It learns really quick and has a really snappy throttle response. I am having a serious problem getting the engine to start when it is over 180 degrees. I am working on the tune to resolve this once that sorted I think I will be happy with my purchase so I would recommend the unit. The tuning software is really powerful and you can even control timing, nitrous and it will work with boosted engines.

Country Flag: United States

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

One question I have that is pretty dumb probably. But the fuel pump it comes with. I'm not sure about my current fuel pump. I believe it's in my tank and works with my carb. Will the pump provided work without removing my current one? Or do I need a new tank?

Pontiac 400 with msd and Holley 650 carb.....thanks fellas!

The best solution for an EFI fuel pump is an "in-tank" pump. You can use the master kit and mount the pump on the frame rail, but even Holley suggests an in-tank pump.

You may already have an EFI compatible fuel pump in your tank, with a bypass regulator which would allow it to work with low pressure that a carb needs. Try to find out what kind of pump you have now. Once you know what kind of pump that is, you can narrow down your options.

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nick View Post
      There is also a Holley support forum...

forums.holley.com

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      There is also a Holley support forum...

forums.holley.com

Andrew
      Yep, I've used that too. Holley recently took over admin duties on the FB page. Some of the replies come from actual Holley employees. Just have to figure out who to listen to.

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

Quote Originally Posted by yellow1098 View Post
      Iv been trying to get info and reviews on this system especially compared to the fitech system.
      Me too. Now that Sniper has been out for awhile, who has real-world experience with installing and running both of them? I have 2 Pontiacs ready for EFI. On both I want the factory air cleaners to fit. Not worried about supertuning, just want reliable drivers.
      70 GTO - Alum 5.3/4L80e, 7875
      17 GT350

So NOBODY has worked on both?
      17 GT350

Go over to Chevelle Tech.com. They have whole section on both the Sniper and the Fitech. Read the through the whole thread and you will learn a ton.

http://www.chevelles.com/forums/89-e...tings-etc.html

and then there's the Holley site as well. https://forums.holley.com/
      Mike

I'm old, gray hair, balding, and retired, and I'm still wrenching on cars. I thought wisdom came with old age.

70 Camaro, 406 sb, 6spd, 4:10 gear, BMR Suspension

Thanks!
      17 GT350

If your using the Sniper's, highly recommend using the USB dongle, 558-443. Lets you use your laptop instead of the handheld. Software is much better and has access to more parameters.

Craig Scholl
      CJD Automotive, LLC
      Jacksonville, Florida
      904-400-1802
      www.cjdautomotive.com

"I own a Mopar, I already know it won't be in stock, won't ship tomorrow, and won't fit without modification."

Did you just hose clamp the supplied fuel hose on stock sender hard line coming out of the tank ?

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com