Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

New All-in-one harness system for Tremec Magnums

Bowler Performance Transmissions is proud to announce the release of an engineered all-in-one solution for your 6-speed Tremec Magnum transmission that allows for one harness to give you control over every function included on the transmission. Until now, you needed to purchase individual harnesses and components to utilize the speed sensor, reverse light, and reverse lockout functions. You were also limited to only one speed sensor output that sent out a specific Ford or GM signal. This meant that your speedometer/cruise control/ ECM all needed to be calibrated for that signal, or you would also need signal converters added in.
      The all-in-one utilizes a small, built in, epoxy sealed control box that will control each of the 3 functions with power and grounding for each function through two switched +12v circuits and 1 ground wire connected to the negative battery post or engine block. Control of the reverse lockout solenoid is based on a user defined speed setting. This eliminates the need for a separate lock out control box. Many users now simply connect their lock out solenoid to a momentary on/off switch such as the brake light switch to activate. This method will get the job done, but can over work the solenoid, and over time shorten its life span. For your electronic speedometer, the harness is equipped with 2 speed sensor outputs; the speed sensor outputs generate a square wave signal that goes from about -5v to roughly +5v, varying in frequency as the speed changes. If your ECM needs a positive only input, the output will automatically shift and give you 0 to +10 volts. The 2 speed sensor outputs are completely independent and can be calibrated separately with any pulse count and ratio you want. These two outputs should be able to drive any common speedometer, cruise control, or ECM regardless of brand. This will give you much greater flexibility in the components you are able to use and requires less time with installation. The reverse lights are powered by a switched +12v input and single output wire connected to the positive side of your reverse lights; grounding of those lights should be local to the bulb socket. The harness kit also includes a billet plug to replace the factory rubber plug in the mechanical speedometer port.

We have an app for that! The harness is equipped with a blue tooth chip that will connect to your smart phone along with an app we have developed for Apple or Android users. In the setup app, you can enter the expected number of pulses per driveshaft revolution for the speedometer or ECU being driven by the output. In addition, there is an adjustment that lets you modify that with a calibration ratio so that you can compensate for changes in tire size or final drive ratio. So, as you can see, this one harness can replace several different pieces of equipment that you would have formerly needed to get all your transmission related functions to operate. Priced at $229.00 and available to ship now.

Name:  all in one.jpg
Views: 920
Size:  69.3 KB
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      visit us on the web at www.bowlertransmissions.com

Update. We've also just added a specific version of the All-in-one for the "Super Magnum" that comes with the GM connect and cruise packages, as well as, a specific application for the early Borg Warner T56's.

https://www.bowlertransmissions.com/...n-one-harness/

Classic Instruments is now carrying these units in stock as well to purchase along with your gauge set. http://shop.classicinstruments.com/w...ditional-parts

Nice setup.

I would really love to see someone come out with a hall effect VSS sensor for the Magnum trans.
      1972 Plymouth 'Cuda - Not LS-swapped, 5.7L Hemi [MS3 Gold Box], T56 Magnum 6-speed - 'Cuda Build Page
      1976 Dodge D100 - Warlock
      2016 Subaru WRX - E30 Tune

Quote Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda View Post
      Nice setup.

I would really love to see someone come out with a hall effect VSS sensor for the Magnum trans.
      I do believe that the stock Viper transmissions used a Hall Effect Speed sensor. Not sure if these will fit the Magnum...but there are numerous generic Hall Effect sensors that can probably be made to work.

http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo....430885&jsn=445

Bowler....

Very clever product!

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

I installed this a while back, great product... I needed after I switched from stock to ECU to Holley...
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      I do believe that the stock Viper transmissions used a Hall Effect Speed sensor. Not sure if these will fit the Magnum...but there are numerous generic Hall Effect sensors that can probably be made to work.

Andrew
      The Viper sensor does not interchange with the Magnum. Retrofitting will require some custom machining to get proper tone ring gap and a fluid seal, which most don't have those resources available. I've yet to see anyone retrofit one unfortunately, despite all efforts I cannot get a clean signal from the Magnum VR sensor to the VR conditioner in my MS3. It has a dedicated shielded twisted pair of wires with a diode on the +side with a bleed off resistor before it. I still get 15mph pulses while on the 2step and stopped, it's clean with any movement.
      1972 Plymouth 'Cuda - Not LS-swapped, 5.7L Hemi [MS3 Gold Box], T56 Magnum 6-speed - 'Cuda Build Page
      1976 Dodge D100 - Warlock
      2016 Subaru WRX - E30 Tune

Quote Originally Posted by Craig@Bowler View Post
      Bowler Performance Transmissions is proud to announce the release of an engineered all-in-one solution for your 6-speed Tremec Magnum transmission that allows for one harness to give you control over every function included on the transmission. Until now, you needed to purchase individual harnesses and components to utilize the speed sensor, reverse light, and reverse lockout functions. You were also limited to only one speed sensor output that sent out a specific Ford or GM signal. This meant that your speedometer/cruise control/ ECM all needed to be calibrated for that signal, or you would also need signal converters added in.
      The all-in-one utilizes a small, built in, epoxy sealed control box that will control each of the 3 functions with power and grounding for each function through two switched +12v circuits and 1 ground wire connected to the negative battery post or engine block. Control of the reverse lockout solenoid is based on a user defined speed setting. This eliminates the need for a separate lock out control box. Many users now simply connect their lock out solenoid to a momentary on/off switch such as the brake light switch to activate. This method will get the job done, but can over work the solenoid, and over time shorten its life span. For your electronic speedometer, the harness is equipped with 2 speed sensor outputs; the speed sensor outputs generate a square wave signal that goes from about -5v to roughly +5v, varying in frequency as the speed changes. If your ECM needs a positive only input, the output will automatically shift and give you 0 to +10 volts. The 2 speed sensor outputs are completely independent and can be calibrated separately with any pulse count and ratio you want. These two outputs should be able to drive any common speedometer, cruise control, or ECM regardless of brand. This will give you much greater flexibility in the components you are able to use and requires less time with installation. The reverse lights are powered by a switched +12v input and single output wire connected to the positive side of your reverse lights; grounding of those lights should be local to the bulb socket. The harness kit also includes a billet plug to replace the factory rubber plug in the mechanical speedometer port.

We have an app for that! The harness is equipped with a blue tooth chip that will connect to your smart phone along with an app we have developed for Apple or Android users. In the setup app, you can enter the expected number of pulses per driveshaft revolution for the speedometer or ECU being driven by the output. In addition, there is an adjustment that lets you modify that with a calibration ratio so that you can compensate for changes in tire size or final drive ratio. So, as you can see, this one harness can replace several different pieces of equipment that you would have formerly needed to get all your transmission related functions to operate. Priced at $229.00 and available to ship now.

Name:  all in one.jpg
Views: 920
Size:  69.3 KB
      Craig,

I did a 5.0 conversion from a fox body into my brother's 66 mustang and used a viper t56 behind it. I modified the tail housing to accept a VSS sensor for the conversion harness I used. It has + and - going to the ECM. How would I connect the all in one box to it?

Thanks in advance,

Robert
      Robert Icasas

Projects:
      67 Cougar
      Art Morrison Sport IFS
      3-link Rear Suspension
      Coyote w/ D&D Performance Viper t56

Robert,
      The speed signal it produces can be either the +5/-5 volt or 0-10+ volt, it will automatically sense which one you need and adjust accordingly. From there you can use the app to modify the output signal to get the correct pulse count you need. Let me know if you have any other questions. You can always send me an email to [email protected] for a quicker response. Thanks!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com