Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Monterey car week & concours d'elegance

hello, spent three days up there and had a great time, so many cars and people to look at but had one question? there was hardly any pro-touring presence there at all, to me this car show has great potential. the drive up from so-cal was easy( lots of gas stations ). any ways the wife and i r going next year and thought it would be fun if we made the pro-touring pilgrimage up there.
      i just have a few photo's and will try and up load later today.

sorry for the poor quality
      Attached Images Attached Images      

really, nobody's into it?

Country Flag: United States
      Eh, the crowds at the Concours D-Elegance are a little bit too snobby to allow the pro-touring crowd in there. It was a miracle enough that they let in hotrods into Pebble Beach a few years back... but that was still very limited to cars with history and provenance.

Personally, it's not my thing. None of the cars in the above pics do anything for me. I'd have more fun kicking it with the po' folk at the local McDonald's cruise night on a Saturday.
      Josh Campbell- Pushing the limits of my HOA since 2011
      71 Firebird- 455, Ridetech front suspension. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...04#post1124504
      67 Camaro RS/SS clone, Speedtech front suspension, coilovers, soon to get LT1/T56.
      82 Z28- cheapie beater, soon to get a 406.
      66 Mustang coupe- 393, T-5, sold. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Coupe-GT393-C

I'm into it! I usually take one of my cars to Festivals of Speed.

Quote Originally Posted by CampbellshotrodsAZ View Post
      Eh, the crowds at the Concours D-Elegance are a little bit too snobby to allow the pro-touring crowd in there. It was a miracle enough that they let in hotrods into Pebble Beach a few years back... but that was still very limited to cars with history and provenance.

Personally, it's not my thing. None of the cars in the above pics do anything for me. I'd have more fun kicking it with the po' folk at the local McDonald's cruise night on a Saturday.
      Ain't it the truth!! Know exactly where your coming from.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

the best part is cruising, the police don't seem to mind a little exhibition of speed here and there and i love to hear all the cars, the sound is amazing! nothing like 5 lambo's screaming around the streets. it was a nice drive and talked to quite a few people that just like cars. snobs r everywhere, lot's of cobra's, 5-6 60's camaro's and lot's of new vett's and mustangs. such a good mixture of cars now from all era's.
      it's a shame there not more of a pro-touring presence...

Name:  IMG_3846.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  286.1 KB
      Quote Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
      I'm into it! I usually take one of my cars to Festivals of Speed.

let me know next year, we can meet up. i brought the merc this year but next year i'm bringing the wagon

I'm going next year. flying though
      69 Camaro
      03 z06
      90 mustang coupe

Loads of great events there for sure. Pebble Beach isn't for everyone. I've never managed to go even though I'm local. I still appreciate the cars and what they are doing there. I try and catch a look at them when they do the tour and stop by the race track. There are many other events to take in and I enjoy the Carmel show on the Avenue, and just this I year went to the show at Old Carmel Mission and it was very nice with Vintage Motorcycles there too. I like the little car show in Pacific grove with lots of odd little cars there. Wayne Carini had a dual engined Mini there a few years back. They also have a nice Muscle car show in Pacific Grove I think a day after. The exotic crowd and luxury MFR's are there in greater numbers and it's starting to make the events less vintage and more about selling new cars. I would like to do a test drive in a new McLaren though...
      67 Camaro RS that will be faster than anything Mary owns.

Quote Originally Posted by David Pozzi View Post
      Loads of great events there for sure. Pebble Beach isn't for everyone. I've never managed to go even though I'm local. I still appreciate the cars and what they are doing there. I try and catch a look at them when they do the tour and stop by the race track. There are many other events to take in and I enjoy the Carmel show on the Avenue, and just this I year went to the show at Old Carmel Mission and it was very nice with Vintage Motorcycles there too. I like the little car show in Pacific grove with lots of odd little cars there. Wayne Carini had a dual engined Mini there a few years back. They also have a nice Muscle car show in Pacific Grove I think a day after. The exotic crowd and luxury MFR's are there in greater numbers and it's starting to make the events less vintage and more about selling new cars. I would like to do a test drive in a new McLaren though...
      awesome, i'll let u know before i go up next year. lots of fun stuff, defiantly like to c a pro-touring presence up there, people like cars regardless...

Carmel Mission car show

Name:  IMG_8603.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  423.7 KBName:  IMG_8612.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  420.6 KB

Chip Foose car
      Name:  IMG_8611.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  336.8 KBName:  IMG_8610.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  543.2 KBName:  IMG_8609.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  558.5 KBName:  IMG_8608.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  441.9 KBName:  IMG_8607.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  536.0 KBName:  IMG_8606.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  505.0 KBName:  IMG_8605.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  519.5 KBName:  IMG_8604.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  416.8 KBName:  IMG_8613.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  183.8 KB
      Last edited by David Pozzi; 09-19-2017 at 06:25 PM.

My cousin's son always brings a few older restored Ferraris to those events. Steven works for GTO Engineering.
      I have a lot of family just up the road from Monterey, in Hollister.

some nice bikes there. the carmel mission, pretty darn cool place. david, who did the fender flares on the car?

On my Camaro? I did, but never finished the job. They are all off the car now, I did a fender bulge instead.

i thought about doing something like that to our wagon, i just don't know if it will look right on a four door. it's in the shop right now getting the rust cut out. anybody really good at photoshopping out there?

Looks fantastic nvawgn. Stunning cars. Any more pics??

Quote Originally Posted by Highway101 View Post
      Looks fantastic nvawgn. Stunning cars. Any more pics??
      i wish i did but that was it, sorry. had a great time up there, good food and the weather was nice. there is so much stuff to do, racing-shows-runs, all one must do is to pick their poison...

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com