Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Fast ez efi 1.0

Fast ez efi 1.0

So before leaving Hot August Nights in Reno last weekend I figured I'd take advantage of their 10% discount and jump into the EFI. I bought the basic EZ system because it was the only one that came in a complete kit. A couple of my buddies bought the FITech unit but then you have to buy the pump or pump and tank, the plumbing, and some other crap. I just wanted everything at once.
      So I really hadn't done any homework or really shopped around. It was kind of an impulse buy. After I get home I read about all these people that have tried it and didn't like it or it didn't seem to work for them because it doesn't have the tune ability that the more expensive systems have. So I was ready to send it back without even opening it. Now I'm not so sure. I know it's just a basic kit and so I don't expect it to be like WOW! but I was having some issues with my carb and I was thinking it would be nice to have a worry-free fuel setup.
      Im running about 9-10inches of vac at idle which is the minimum required to run it but I've read people say that after it learns all the fuel needs for the street that it won't work on the track. Or that it has a hard time managing a 4spd car( not sure why that would make a difference).
      I guess I'm just looking for somebody to share their experience with this basic setup. Good or bad.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com