Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

New ATS AFX tall spindles

I have a new set of AFX tall Spindles I was going to use on my 68, I have changed direction with the car and am now selling for 1,000. These have never even been mocked up and have been bagged up in my parts room since purchase. located in central IL, i can either meet buyer if fairly local or ship through usp or fedex.

Attached Images Attached Images  
      Zack Campbell

Another view
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      Zack Campbell

PM'd you!

Country Flag: United States
      Heck they look good enough to just leave on your table
      Gary Rys
      69 Camaro

Are those from Speedtech? If so, can you post the part number?

I can tell you from personal experience - these will require the Speedtech upper control arms for the ATS spindles. Speedtech bought ATS, so the design is the same, but for the suspension geometry to work you need their uca's.

9203001 and the other side is 9203002
      Zack Campbell

Im not sure what issues you had gmachine but these spindles were not designed around speedtech arms, so i can't see a distinct advantage of running them? below is a copy and paste off the q&a page, and does mention control arm compatability.
      Do the AFX spindles change my track width?
      No. The AFX spindles were engineered to retain the factory track width of a disc brake equipped spindle. Wheel back spacing changes should not be required.

What kind of brake system will fit the AFX spindles?
      Any braking system designed to bolt onto a C5 or C6 Corvette will bolt directly onto the AFX spindle. We distribute for AP Racing, Baer, and Touring-Classics, but we also recommend Wilwood, SSBC, Brembo, Alcon and others.

How far will the AFX spindles drop my car?
      Both the tall and the stock AFX spindles will lower the vehicle approximately one inch.

I have the Guldstrand Mod or DSE coil over system on my car. Which AFX spindles should I use?
      We recommend the stock version of the AFX spindle for use on the F body in these instances. A tall spindle could be substituted in the event of a race only vehicle, as the camber gain is too aggressive for street driving.

I have the B body spindles on my car. Will the AFX spindles fit my current setup?
      Yes. The AFX spindle was engineered to be a direct upgrade for the plagued B body spindle swap. The AFX spindle cures all of the negative issues associated with the B body spindle such as bump steer, and the decreased turning radius that occurs when installing the B body spindle. Just be sure to note you have a B body lower ball joint when ordering so we can outfit your spindles with the correct screw in ball joint inserts.

What is the bolt pattern for the AFX spindles?
      The AFX spindles use a C5 Corvette sealed hub assembly with a 5 on 4.75” bolt pattern. Additional benefits of the sealed hub are larger bearing surfaces for open road racing, and integrated individual wheel speed sensors.

What kind of lug studs are offered on the AFX spindle?
      The standard option is a metric stud 12mm x 1.5. We can outfit the hub with a race stud in either 14mm x 1.5 or in ½” x 20. Additional machining and cost is involved in the upgrade.

Do I need to run bumpsteer adjustable tie rod ends with the AFX spindle?
      No. The AFX spindles were engineered with bump steer in mind. We designed the steering arm attachment points lower than factory to improve the bumpsteer for the F body cars. By re-using the factory F body steering arm, we were able to bring bump steer down to nearly zero. Because the A body cars are front steer (and therefore require the steering arm holes to be raised from the factory location) a new steering arm was designed in-house to cure the issue. Bump steer correcting tie rod ends can still be used as an additional tuning method, but the install should be measured afterwards with a bump steer gauge to make sure that the issue was improved, and not worsened.

What applications do the AFX spindles fit?
      Currently the AFX spindles fit the 64-72 A body cars, the 67-69 F body cars, and the 68-74 X body cars. In development are fitments for the 78-88 G body, 70-81 F body, and 73-81 B body. Any street rod styled suspension that uses one of these vehicles as a donor for its spindle choice, can be replaced with an AFX spindle.

Will my aftermarket tubular control arms fit with the AFX spindle?
      Yes. The F/X body version of the AFX spindle will fit with any factory or aftermarket replacement control arm. This includes Global West, DSE, Hotchkis, Speed Tech, and others. For the A body version of the tall AFX spindle, the upper control arm will have to be replaced. We recommend SC&C or B body spindle swap arms from Global West, Hotchkis, and other similar manufacturers. If using a stock version of the AFX spindle on the A body, both stock and aftermarket will bolt up, so long as they were not designed with the B body spindle swap in mind.

I have an aftermarket rack and pinion unit installed. Can I still use the AFX spindle with this steering setup?
      Yes. The AFX spindle has a bolt on steering arm, which can be replaced with aftermarket arms designed for rack and pinion conversions. This includes the BRP, Flaming River, and UniSteer conversions.

How much weight does the AFX spindle shed over a stock type replacement?
      The AFX spindle is forged from
      Zack Campbell

Those will also work on a 64-72 A-body, correct?

Yes these will work on 64-72 A bodies. You just can't use your old steering arms. U have to buy the arms from speedtech because of clearance issues with the stock arms. But if u buy these spindles instead of buying the speedtech arms look at the BMR arms which are about 1/3 of the price from the speedtech arms and just as nice if not nicer in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by USAZR1 View Post
      Those will also work on a 64-72 A-body, correct?

yes you are correct clint
      Zack Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by 232_ray View Post
      Yes these will work on 64-72 A bodies. You just can't use your old steering arms. U have to buy the arms from speedtech because of clearance issues with the stock arms. But if u buy these spindles instead of buying the speedtech arms look at the BMR arms which are about 1/3 of the price from the speedtech arms and just as nice if not nicer in my opinion.
      Thanks for that info about the BMR arms, Ray. Does anyone have a link or a part number for them. I didn't find them on BMR's site.
      I did know these spindles wouldn't work with my stock steering arms. Now, I just have to see if I can come up with the funds for the spindles.

Send me a pm and I'll get u a part number. I bought mine from summit so I even got free shipping Message me and tomorrow I'll look at my past purchases from them and I'll get u that info.

Quote Originally Posted by USAZR1 View Post
      Thanks for that info about the BMR arms, Ray. Does anyone have a link or a part number for them. I didn't find them on BMR's site.
      I did know these spindles wouldn't work with my stock steering arms. Now, I just have to see if I can come up with the funds for the spindles.

My mistake, I'm thinking of the install on a 2nd gen f-body. Sorry!

Still available
      Zack Campbell

Sold!!!
      Zack Campbell

Last edited by USAZR1; 08-24-2017 at 07:34 PM. Reason: not worth it

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com