Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11
      Country Flag: United States
      I added another little detail here the other day. Originally I wanted to do something custom for the center caps on my Forgeline wheels but I was under the impression from my salesman it wouldn't say Forgeline anywhere else on the wheel but the center cap. When the wheels showed up with Forgeline engraved also on the wheels outer face I decided to add some custom engraved center caps to tie in with the car a little.

Name:  FullSizeR (6) copy 6.jpg
Views: 749
Size:  243.1 KB
      Name:  IMG_8377.jpg
Views: 719
Size:  239.8 KB

I fell across your car by accident and have to say it's really really nice and has features I would love on my '70 Mach 1.

Can you tell me about your Hurst shifter, I've been looking for a nice looking shifter and yours is the best I've seen by far, I have an FMX behind my Cleveland ( glad to see you are still using a Cleveland) so choice is very small and also I'm in the UK which makes it even harder.
      I'm guessing you don't have an FMX but have read that as far as shifters go FMX Vs C4 / C6 the main difference is the neutral safety switch is in the shifter and not on the box, so I may be able to adapt a switch myself.
      Any hints / photo's etc you could post would be very helpful, thanks in advance and again that is a great looking car, I'm very jealous of the shock tower mods as I have long tube Hookers fitted by the PO that makes many things difficult!!!

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by limeyboy View Post
      I fell across your car by accident and have to say it's really really nice and has features I would love on my '70 Mach 1.

Can you tell me about your Hurst shifter, I've been looking for a nice looking shifter and yours is the best I've seen by far, I have an FMX behind my Cleveland ( glad to see you are still using a Cleveland) so choice is very small and also I'm in the UK which makes it even harder.
      I'm guessing you don't have an FMX but have read that as far as shifters go FMX Vs C4 / C6 the main difference is the neutral safety switch is in the shifter and not on the box, so I may be able to adapt a switch myself.
      Any hints / photo's etc you could post would be very helpful, thanks in advance and again that is a great looking car, I'm very jealous of the shock tower mods as I have long tube Hookers fitted by the PO that makes many things difficult!!!

Hey thanks! My car did originally have a FMX in it and then a C4 which is what I had when I originally installed the Hurst Vmatic Shifter. I am now using a ford AOD O/D trans in the car but I can still use the Hurst V-Matic shifter with it. I believe mine is the V-Matic II model and unfortunately they no longer make it. A while back they still offered a V-Matic III however they changed the way the shifter functioned. The II model is a dual gate shifter that will work as a normal automatic shifter would but can be dropped down by pressing down on the shifter in I believe drive and going into a full ratchet mode. I think the III model is a ratchet only shifter.

Hopefully this helps.
      Greg

Very helpful

Thanks for that Greg, we aren't that used to auto's here so that explains about the ratchet systems etc

Jeff

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com