Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Moser M9 Fabricated 9" recomendations. 69 camaro stock width. Kore3 brakes

Hey guys,

I am pretty set on getting a Moser M9 rear axle for my 69 Camaro.

I need some help with recommendations.

I want to get Kore 3 rear Corvette C6 Z06 340mm [13.4"] rear kit.

Question is what rear brake flanges should I get? GM bolt pattern, Ford? Are there options?

What axle bearings? sealed ball bearing , or tapered roller bearings?

Thank you.

I would say you'd want the big ford ends with bolt in axles, and gm bolt pattern on the axles. I have only used the sealed bearing, so I cannot make a suggestion on the tapered bearing.

I thought a tapered bearing would be more appropriate for a street/autox car, but when I called Moser the tech guy advised strongly against the tapered bearings. He said they get very frequent complaints about leaking which have gotten worse as mfg has moved to China. I don't know that the sealed ball bearings would be a great idea for heavy cornering either. You might want to look into a full floater 9". They are roughly $1k with axles, less 3rd member or brakes. I am not sure what brakes you would be able to use on them or if there's a good parking brake solution.
      Clint - '70 Nova "restomod" cruiser & autocross family car

Thank you Bandit.
      I was thinking the same as you about the tapered bearings.

Any other things you guys think I should consider before I purchase a Moser rear axle?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBandit View Post
      I thought a tapered bearing would be more appropriate for a street/autox car, but when I called Moser the tech guy advised strongly against the tapered bearings. He said they get very frequent complaints about leaking which have gotten worse as mfg has moved to China. 9". .

You should call Kore3 and see what input they have. Also since you're going to a completely new housing and new brakes, I would strongly consider the full floater setup.
      Clint - '70 Nova "restomod" cruiser & autocross family car

Quote Originally Posted by Z06vet View Post
      I would say you'd want the big ford ends with bolt in axles, and gm bolt pattern on the axles. I have only used the sealed bearing, so I cannot make a suggestion on the tapered bearing.
      X2 and also make sure you get the 1350 yoke

Quote Originally Posted by TheBandit View Post
      You should call Kore3 and see what input they have. Also since you're going to a completely new housing and new brakes, I would strongly consider the full floater setup.
      Quote Originally Posted by pittpens24 View Post
      X2 and also make sure you get the 1350 yoke
      I got a reply from Tobin, he set me up for which way I can go when using his brakes.

Thanks guys.:

For sure on the 1350 yoke

Tobin did also mention he is a dealer for these guys https://millerbuiltusa.com/universal-weld-on-base-kit/ if I want to go full floater.
      I am thinking about it but not sure if I really need it.

Just checking if my photo bucket pics still work?

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k1...psbf4xowux.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mean buzzen half dozen View Post
      Tobin did also mention he is a dealer for these guys https://millerbuiltusa.com/universal-weld-on-base-kit/ if I want to go full floater.
      I am thinking about it but not sure if I really need it.
      I'm loving millerbuilt already. Included is a hand chamfer tool (not really sure what it's called) but they def thought of everything it looks like. Would have considered it if I didn't just buy the Strange kit P1011GOT hybrid axle c clip eliminator. But I'm going to buy that chamfer tool--been needing that forever.

-Mitch
      G8 GXP, White Hot, Auto, bone stock
      68 Firebird, 428 Pontiac, CNC'd KRE Al d-ports, hyd roller, EFI, TKO600, TCI Eng complete chassis, Ridetech, Kore3 C6Z brakes, C5Z 18" with 315 rivals x4, C6zr1 mufflers
      RRR, NASA HPDE https://youtu.be/DPp1l9-FuNE

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com