Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

Photobucket...Fix inside

Has anyone come up with another idea for hosting our pictures? I think even if we all found something else it would be hard to put these pictures back in their appropriate places. I think Photobucket has messed up a lot of things. I understand if they want us to pay, but $400 a year?

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Some have switched to Flickr others to Imgur. I've tried Imgur, it works ok, haven't figured out the album scheme yet. Ideally, I'd like to use my Google Photos, working on how to do that now.

Imgur is actually hosting more photos than Photobucket, and they have always stated they'd be free. They also have some serious money behind them. Google Photos is absolutely the best thing since sliced bread as far as storing pictures, just haven't figured out how to discreetly address one photo and retain that address so it stays viewable forever.

Photobucket's CEO apparently felt they glad everyone over a barrel, and a good portion of users would fork over $400/year to be able to see all their pictures again. I don't think it's working out that way, butbtime will tell.-Mike
      '69 LeMans Blue Coupe, White Interior, Massaged .030" over 454, Super T10 4-Speed,
      Holley 4150, Pertronix Ignition, CompCams Xtreme Energy XS274S, 781 Oval Port Heads

I've started using Imgur for Speedtech's pics. It took a bit to get used to the format and how to navigate things but now that I have the pattern down it's super easy to upload and then get a link for 3rd party hosting on forums and such. I like this site because I can create a separate album for each car and I can order the pics in the album by date uploaded or by filename, some photo host you just upload all pics in one folder or you have limited organization capability.

When I do a build thread it's done in chronological order so I name my pic files for example "Charles Nova 001, Charles Nova 002, etc." and organize by filename. That makes it super easy to keep them in order and go back and find a photo later.

Someone suggested to add "~original" at the end of the Photobucket address after the .jpg and your photo will reappear. I tried this and it worked, but they also suggested it's only a matter of time before Photobucket finds that loop hole and shuts it down. It'll be good to use for now so you can see what pics you posted in your build thread, then you can go back and replace them with pics from a new host. Example:
      Last edited by Ben@SpeedTech; 07-28-2017 at 07:00 AM.
      -Ben, Creative Director at Speedtech Performance
      We sell some really cool parts, build cool cars, and do cool concept renderings too!
      435-628-4300 www.speedtechperformance.com
      My Pumkinator build thread- https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=pumkinator

I'll have to look up imgur then. I've since gone through and deleted every photo off photobucket, deleted my account, and sent them a nasty parting letter. Had to make it explicitly clear how much they suck. You'd think if they truly wanted to keep business, they start with say $100 a year, then raise it up year by year. $400 seems like they want to drive away business.
      Josh Campbell- Pushing the limits of my HOA since 2011
      71 Firebird- 455, Ridetech front suspension. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...04#post1124504
      67 Camaro RS/SS clone, Speedtech front suspension, coilovers, soon to get LT1/T56.
      82 Z28- cheapie beater, soon to get a 406.
      66 Mustang coupe- 393, T-5, sold. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Coupe-GT393-C

Quote Originally Posted by Ben@SpeedTech View Post
      I've started using Imgur for Speedtech's pics. It took a bit to get used to the format and how to navigate things but now that I have the pattern down it's super easy to upload and then get a link for 3rd party hosting on forums and such. I like this site because I can create a separate album for each car and I can order the pics in the album by date uploaded or by filename, some photo host you just upload all pics in one folder or you have limited organization capability.

When I do a build thread it's done in chronological order so I name my pic files for example "Charles Nova 001, Charles Nova 002, etc." and organize by filename. That makes it super easy to keep them in order and go back and find a photo later.

Someone suggested to add "~original" at the end of the Photobucket address after the .jpg and your photo will reappear. I tried this and it worked, but they also suggested it's only a matter of time before Photobucket finds that loop hole and shuts it down. It'll be good to use for now so you can see what pics you posted in your build thread, then you can go back and replace them with pics from a new host. Example:
      OK Ben, where is the little squiggly line on my keyboard? LOL Never mind I found it.....

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Mine's (~) the top left hand key next to the 1/! key.

Got it... Thanks

Carl Wilson

I just started using flickr. If you click the share button in a photo, it let's you set the size of the photo you share, and has a "bbcode" tab that you can direct copy and paste into the forum. Plus you get a terabyte free.
      James
      1969 Mustang Fastback

I'm using Flickr-

Well I'll be.... I guess I already had a Flickr account because I have a Yahoo email address. Now begins the arduous task of reloading all my photos, and figuring out what went in what posts based off the captions. Yay.

*edit... or I guess I used it at one point. I've got photos I've uploaded from a Biscayne I built in 2008 on there! lol.

Test... test...

DSCN2862 by Campbellshotrods, on Flickr

It works! Took me a few clicks to figure out where the link was, but it works.
      Josh Campbell- Pushing the limits of my HOA since 2011
      71 Firebird- 455, Ridetech front suspension. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...04#post1124504
      67 Camaro RS/SS clone, Speedtech front suspension, coilovers, soon to get LT1/T56.
      82 Z28- cheapie beater, soon to get a 406.
      66 Mustang coupe- 393, T-5, sold. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Coupe-GT393-C

Good looking car!

Carl Wilson

If you want to be able to see the photo bucket pictures that are embedded in thousands of forum posts, and you are using Chrome, get this extension and clear your cache.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...flicjjgj?hl=en
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Guys, I just copy and paste the URL of pics I have posted on my Facebook page. Seems to work pretty well, costs nothing and I doubt Facebook will stop hosting pics any time soon. For example: BTW, one of my other hobbies is scale RC rock crawling.

Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

That's ok Steve, just gotta' remember, "The only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys"

Carl Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by Ben@SpeedTech View Post

Thank you for posting this! It still works so fingers crossed it will last a while.
      Phillip
      64 Studebaker Daytona Twin Turbo- http://bit.ly/1SgxQ0g
      65 Cutlass F-85 - http://bit.ly/1W4lJm4

minendrews68,
      A follower of the Modern Bullitt Charger Build posted this ...

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...fegnfnflicjjgj

Type in photobucket, and you will get a few options one of them is dedicated to the third-party usage.

Hope this helps.

andrewb70, Thanks the FireFox add-on works! I was in no hurry to add another browser (Chrome) to my desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayRaceCat View Post
      minendrews68,
      A follower of the Modern Bullitt Charger Build posted this ...

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...fegnfnflicjjgj

Type in photobucket, and you will get a few options one of them is dedicated to the third-party usage.

Hope this helps.
      Thanks!

Carl Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by GrayRaceCat View Post
      andrewb70, Thanks the FireFox add-on works! I was in no hurry to add another browser (Chrome) to my desktop.
      Glad to help...I saw it on another forum and reposted...so can't take credit, but if it helps our members, all the better!

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com