Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Anyone use Hankook ??

Looking at the Hankook Ventus V12 EVO2 (k12) for my 69 mustang. Anyone have experience with these?

Mainly wanting good street performance tire for general use, some spirited driving.

Any reason you chose that particular tire brand? I've seen quite a few late model Corvettes with Hankook tires so they are probably decent rubber.

I run them on my 2014 Lexus GS350 F Sport and so far so good. Minimal road noise, good ride and tracking, decent in the Washington rain.

Quote Originally Posted by USAZR1 View Post
      Any reason you chose that particular tire brand? I've seen quite a few late model Corvettes with Hankook tires so they are probably decent rubber.
      Mainly for $$ savings since I am on a beans and rice budget. I can get them $150 cheaper than the DW and Pole positions.

Hankook is a very reputable brand. I had the Ventus RS3's on my Firebird that I do AutoX and track days with. That's the 200 TW extreme performance summer tire. The new version is the RS4 and is supposed to be competitive.

As far as the V12 goes, since you're not planning to race, seems like a fine choice. Probably a solid tire. Also, just FYI, Tirerack is also good for reviews and ratings etc.
      -Mitch
      G8 GXP, White Hot, Auto, bone stock
      68 Firebird, 428 Pontiac, CNC'd KRE Al d-ports, hyd roller, EFI, TKO600, TCI Eng complete chassis, Ridetech, Kore3 C6Z brakes, C5Z 18" with 315 rivals x4, C6zr1 mufflers
      RRR, NASA HPDE https://youtu.be/DPp1l9-FuNE

Thats where I got a lot of info and narrowed down to the Hankooks. The Sizes I plan on running are $694 a set for the V12. I like the RS4 but unfortunately the $1k price tag hurts me. I would like to try and auto cross event someday, but the car will need some upgrades before that time comes.

I ask on here to try and get some more really world opinions. Thank you all for the responses and help.

Greene

If you have a local Discount Tire dealer near you, they will price-match or beat just about any price you will find,online. If you pay attention to their sales, you can also receive large rebates on tires and wheels. I ordered new American Racing wheels and Nitto tires during their Memorial Day sale and saved almost $600.

Country Flag: Canada
      Check out my post these are awesome!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com