Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

1959 Corvette AME chassis

Just found this site, starting my latest project. 1959 corvette original body, AME fully independent chassis. I picked up the chassis from someone who changed their mind.
      not much done as of yet, body trimmed to fit chassis. Hoping to get it off the chassis and onto the dolly this weekend. swapped out some things to a friend of mine for the body work. I need to make some Plywood rollers for the chassis once we put the body back on. Late model Camaro wheels work on the front but way off in the rear, have a set of rear fender Quarter panels with a bout 2" of flare and will need to clean the tubs out a little to give me about 4" of back spacing.
      Any one have a 99 or 2000 Camaro LS oil pan?

Welcome aboard. Sounds like a killer project you have,there. Keep us up to date, if you can.

Where are you located?

Just outside of Baton Rouge, La. I will try to get some pics. of the project this weekend.

As usual everything takes longer than planed, still sitting on trailer, hope to have body off this weekend. Still working on shop to recover from flood last August. Had my shop, and two housed flood, naturally no flood insurance. finished one house, 99% finished with seconded house, starting on shop. car will get worked in there somewhere :-) Any body out there running either the 480 or 525 hp. ls3 with and automatic? How does it behave on the street, building a cruiser but like HP.

Country Flag: United States
      Plenty of people use the 480 and 525HP LS3 engines with great success.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

If you run the 525 with an auto trans pay careful attention to their recommended converter stall. Guy over on trifive forum did not and now he is constantly whining about how it runs...

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

finally got around to the pictures, the chassis photos are form Dreamers streetrod where I got the chassis the others are where I sit as of nowName:  vette 3-3.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  349.4 KB
      Attached Images Attached Images    

That's going to be great when you finish. Lots of time, effort and money.

Nice! I am really liking that generation of Corvette these days. Should be a cool project!

Dan
      A.K.A: That bald guy
      Find me on Facebook or my personal website.

- 67 Camaro: Current Project Car

Nice project, it's going to handle sweet with that under it.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

well, making some progress, body should be on dolly today and I can bring the chassis home to start getting it disassembled and in primer, then the fun begins, mocking up the engine and trans, running brake, fuel, transmission lines, headers, ect.
      will post a few pic as I progress, still have to finish the house so me and my wife can move back in and out of that travel trailer, darn responsibility, always getting in the way of having fun :-)

Always learning the AME chassis I have uses C-6/7 front and rear spindles, which, I just learned, means I have to use wheels with corvette center sections always something. I also learned that the caliper over hangs and to the front on the hub so clearance for the wheel is a problem ( read corvette type on center section on wheels. really cuts down on the wheel options oh well if everything was easy everyone would have one right.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com