Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Hello from the mile high city

New guy here in the metro Denver area, been building all kinds of weird stuff (cars and motorcycles) since my youth (Class of '76 to give an idea of how long I've been around...), current project is a "94 S10 blazer that I've had since '09. There is a build thread here, http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/068185.html started by the previous owner and continued by me, unfortunately most of my pics are gone. Here are the mods so far...

S10 pickup front frame graft. (There is a difference of nearly 2" vertical height on suspension pick up points)
      C4 Corvette spindles and brakes (Also got a 2" drop due to the stub location)
      Moog 5664 springs
      KYB Monomax shocks (Junk)
      Belltech rear springs and 1" blocks
      2nd gen Blazer rear sway bar
      16X8 Trans am wheels with 225/50 and 245/50 Riken raptors
      350 SBC

Let me be clear, I'm an idiot, there is a reason I've never seen C4 spindles used on an S10/G body. If I had taken the time to plot out the suspension geometry (I know better...), I'd have never done the C4 spindles, I was blinded by the fact that A I had the parts and B the Corvette lower ball joints fit... Making it work became the project of unfathonable difficulty and resulted in some wicked bump steer, totally not helped by the Monomax shocks (they tend to blow thru the valving on bigger hits) resulting in the suspension moving thru a cycle and half before regaining it's composure.

I'm going to post this before the pc crashes, I'll post more latter.

Cheers Beers n Gearz. Joe
      Last edited by Motoracer838; 06-24-2017 at 07:27 AM. Reason: more info

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com