Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Problems with my Hydraulic Twin Disc/Tilton and Wilwood set up with TKO600, stiff

Hey guys i have a complete conversion i bought 3 years back from Modern Driveline, TKO600, Wilwood 3/4 master, reservoir etc for my 67 Mustang.

the clutch is a twin disc Mcleod RXT and the throwout bearing is a Tilton.

the car has been flawless up until today. I have been so busy the last few months i honestly haven't had any time to run the car or move it. I went to our barn today and decided to move cars around and the clutch pedal is now stiff, it goes the full travel but it feels like something is wrong. I went to drive the car a bit and the engagement is very high towards the top now and not smooth at all. I drove about 30 minutes and parked it, was afraid i would get stuck.

I am not sure what happened as the car has been inside heated and cooled storage. I think maybe the master cylinder crapped out. I am not sure what to check now. Any suggestions? a friend of mine said the dual disc could have frozen to the center plate with moisture, another friend said the pressure plate might be bad.

FYI there is maybe 1200 miles on the entire set up, no clutch dumps and it was broken in properly. I plan to head up there again this weekend and just want some ideas or suggestions what i should look at, i am considering a bleed on the system to start.

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by shelbygt350Racer View Post
      ....a friend of mine said the dual disc could have frozen to the center plate with moisture, another friend said the pressure plate might be bad.

Neither of those things make any sense if the car actually moved under it's own power.

I would start with the basics. Flush the fluid and do a bleed. See how that works for you...

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com