Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Donor 2013 ss camaro to 1969 camaro ?.s

Ok I am buying a 2013 camaro ss as I figured I could save money as a posed to buying ls3 engine and trans pull out off eBay for 7 to 8k basically I expect to pay the same aMOUNT for the whole care with some body damage now
      my idea is to use as much of the car as possible and my ? To ask is what can I salvage for example

windshield wiper motors
      window power motors
      trunk latch w release
      brake lines
      steering wheel assembly with all the blinker and bright light fog light window wiper relays and switches
      door lock buttons window buttons

just all the small **** what do y'all think how much is actually able to be swapped over besides the drivetrain engine and trans

Country Flag: United States
      ECM and the wiring harness if that is what you plan on using. Accelerator pedal would also be good to get. Fuse boxes?

Depends on your budget, most of it can work but sometimes financially it just isn't worth it.
      I'm using the dash, center console, seats, brakes, steering column and steering wheel, door strikes and maybe a dropout engine if I choose that route. perhaps buying a whole donor would have suited me lol

Quote Originally Posted by 69camarotexas View Post
      Ok I am buying a 2013 camaro ss as I figured I could save money as a posed to buying ls3 engine and trans pull out off eBay for 7 to 8k basically I expect to pay the same aMOUNT for the whole care with some body damage now
      my idea is to use as much of the car as possible and my ? To ask is what can I salvage for example

windshield wiper motors
      window power motors
      trunk latch w release
      brake lines
      steering wheel assembly with all the blinker and bright light fog light window wiper relays and switches
      door lock buttons window buttons

just all the small **** what do y'all think how much is actually able to be swapped over besides the drivetrain engine and trans
      All the items you list are not exactly bolt in...not even close!

What experience do you have with car building?

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

I'm currently on the tail end of the same project. 2010 LS into a 67 Camaro. I have about 75% of the onboard stuff working. No air bags or ABS system. The ac won't fit so it's aftermarket for that. Lots of little things to deal with as you go but definitely worth it. It takes a lot of hands on for this change over.
      I have forty five plus years in fabrication and mechanical and still have to read and ask questions.

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Hard-and-Soft

1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Ok so I won the bid in the car originally I just looked at buying ls3 w trans I got the car for 9100 after fees the car is local ! No shipping also I won the bid at 8200 on copart but fees were like 850 900
      So having the whole for price of engine and trans ls3 was no brainer I want to use the dash console and I got factory navigation also in this vehicle I want to use steering wheel also as much as I can and I know they need fab to be done bad ass I have a shop that I will have do the conversion but I want to source as much info for them I'll post pics of the donor and of the project 69
      The look will be black paint black window trims black wheels with polished lip and red 5th gen interior ls3 I want to have a somewhat of daily driver so I won't add much hp , Marquez open face tail lights for 69 I'll have blacked out ss grill no emblem just crystal clear headlights that Aldo have the color change halo w black bezels hid fogs and headlights bulbs 10k bright Super bright white xenon shaved door handles shaved side markers and it's all dropped three inches allready

Quote Originally Posted by 69camarotexas View Post
      Ok so I won the bid in the car originally I just looked at buying ls3 w trans I got the car for 9100 after fees the car is local ! No shipping also I won the bid at 8200 on copart but fees were like 850 900
      So having the whole for price of engine and trans ls3 was no brainer I want to use the dash console and I got factory navigation also in this vehicle I want to use steering wheel also as much as I can and I know they need fab to be done bad ass I have a shop that I will have do the conversion but I want to source as much info for them I'll post pics of the donor and of the project 69
      Read the thread I posted. It's all there....

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com