Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Headers for Art Morrison Frame

Just installed my BBC into my Art Morrison frame in my 68 camaro and it looks like my old Lemon headers won't work. Does anyone know a complany that can make them? Lemon does every frame except Art Morrison. The only one I found that does custom headers for Art Morrison frames is Ultimateheaders.com. Art Morrison does not make them either. ThanksName:  IMG_0536.JPG
Views: 1222
Size:  127.5 KBName:  IMG_0537.JPG
Views: 730
Size:  117.7 KBName:  IMG_0628.JPG
Views: 756
Size:  153.5 KBName:  IMG_0633.JPG
Views: 753
Size:  119.2 KBName:  IMG_0633.JPG
Views: 753
Size:  119.2 KBName:  IMG_0635.JPG
Views: 744
Size:  141.2 KB

Country Flag: United States
      Stainless Works, maybe?
      Steve

looks like they just do stock frame.

Looks like AME does sell them. Just spoke to someone else and they offer them... go figure. Could of have them by now.

I have a set of Stainless works headers that were built for the Wayne Due Subframe but should work with AME. They have been only used for mock up and are still new. I will be selling them. Let me know if you are interested.

Pm me the details on them and pics. I am running AFR heads so they will need to be for raised exh ports.

Chuck - Did you get this resolved? I was on vacation when you sent me the email asking about the headers. Thanks, Corey

BTW - The car looks great. Do you mind describing your install experience? The good, bad or difficult?
      69 Camaro
      Art Morrison C6 Subframe
      Art Morrison Tri-4 link

Hi Corey,
      Due to the raised exhaust ports AME couldn't do them. Ultimateheadrrs could do them but it was a 3 or 4 month wait due to a production project he was working on. Just going to order a kit from stainless headers and fab them up. The instal was pretty easy. Their instructions could be better (more detailed with pics) but it wasn't too bad. I Highly recommend them.

Have you tried American Racing Headers? I have a set of theirs that they offer specifically for the AME subframe... but for LS motors. I do see that they offer BBC headers too, so maybe they could make a set or offer a set. I'm really happy with Art Morrison's subframe too.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck0379 View Post
      Hi Corey,
      Due to the raised exhaust ports AME couldn't do them. Ultimateheadrrs could do them but it was a 3 or 4 month wait due to a production project he was working on. Just going to order a kit from stainless headers and fab them up. The instal was pretty easy. Their instructions could be better (more detailed with pics) but it wasn't too bad. I Highly recommend them.
      Thanks for the update. It sounds like your heads aren’t exactly stock configuration so they didn’t have a off the shelf set of headers for it. I’ll pass on your comments about the manual. The car looks great! Cheers!
      69 Camaro
      Art Morrison C6 Subframe
      Art Morrison Tri-4 link

Name:  IMG_0915.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  148.9 KB

Stainless works has come through and shipped me their DIY kit. I will post some more as they get made next month.

Very cool! I love it when I get parts in ......
      69 Camaro
      Art Morrison C6 Subframe
      Art Morrison Tri-4 link

Finally finished with the headers, and I'll get some pic from under the car when I get it on the lift.

Name:  IMG_1756.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  260.6 KB

Name:  IMG_1758.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  319.3 KB

Name:  IMG_1759.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  280.4 KB

Looks Great Chuck! Cant wait to see what you think of the Art Morrison suspension when you get the car going again.
      69 Camaro
      Art Morrison C6 Subframe
      Art Morrison Tri-4 link

Me too. Still need to fab brake lines, fuel lines, and do a custom wire harness.

Ran across this while researching the AME subframe and header options. Helpful thread. Great job on the headers.

Not having a readily available header option for the AME really makes it a tough choice. Comparing the pics i have of the Lemons BBC pro-touring headers in a DSE subframe to your AME subframe pics makes it look like they might would fit. Makes me wonder if it's ever actually been tried.

John

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com