Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      I will try to verify the crank signal. I have my daughter's wedding going on this weekend so not sure how far I will get but will let you know. . Thanks for all the replies, I'm confident it's something minor.

Something I haven't seen mentioned. Are injectors new or used? Used injectors depending on how long they've sat will lock up, happened to me before. Try some starting fluid, if it fires with starting fluid check injectors.

Hmm long day, didn't see that no injector pulse has been verified.

Besides having vats off, make sure starter check option has been disabled

Great news guys, I got it fired up this morning!!! I made a rookie mistake but hopefully this may help someone else down the road. I removed the small extension harness and bracket from the cam sensor last year to install my front accy drive, balancer etc. After being away from it for awhile I forgot to reinstall it and plugged my engine harness directly into sensor. Should have know something was up because harness plug wouldn't fit without removing small plastic keyway. Anyway, reinstalled and fired up first shot. Thanks everyone for all your help through this. It's been a serious learning experience but a rewarding one. I feel like I could do it again with a lot less problems.

Country Flag: United States
      Glad you got it figured out!
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by fishface View Post
      Great news guys, I got it fired up this morning!!! I made a rookie mistake but hopefully this may help someone else down the road. I removed the small extension harness and bracket from the cam sensor last year to install my front accy drive, balancer etc. After being away from it for awhile I forgot to reinstall it and plugged my engine harness directly into sensor. Should have know something was up because harness plug wouldn't fit without removing small plastic keyway. Anyway, reinstalled and fired up first shot. Thanks everyone for all your help through this. It's been a serious learning experience but a rewarding one. I feel like I could do it again with a lot less problems.
      That little sub harness also swaps a couple of pins around (which is why you had no cam signal and it didn't start). Don't remember which ones exactly...The plugs are also different, as you discovered.

Andrew
      Last edited by andrewb70; 07-13-2017 at 11:53 AM.
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com